2022 Easton Ghost; Is This Cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Yeah, these don't break like a wooden bat at an MLB game where half of it can fly 50 feet and almost reach a fielder.

These break in a much less dramatic fashion.
I saw an Advanced get sawed off at the handle last weekend. Did it break like an MLB player's wood bat? No, but the connection came apart, and the barrel flew over the 3B coach's head. I'd call that equally dangerous. Face it: these things are made out of papier-mâché.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Post number one...haha. And how many times was that bat swung with a broken connection...yeah, you dont know that either.

NO composite bat just breaks and flies apart if you know anything about comp bats. That connection prob had a crack
for weeks and nothing was done, she prob felt it wobble for a while as the crack will get longer and loner each
time its bent...if it even happened.
And the connection is not the same as the barrel

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Post number one...haha. And how many times was that bat swung with a broken connection...yeah, you dont know that either.

NO composite bat just breaks and flies apart if you know anything about comp bats. That connection prob had a crack
for weeks and nothing was done, she prob felt it wobble for a while...if it even happened.
And the connection is not the same as the barrel
Ahh, yes. Post number one. My daughters have been playing high level travel for six years, and I'm also a rep for a sporting goods store, so I have plenty of experience with these bats.

That being said, you can't say they don't come apart, whether it's cracking or connection is irrelevant. The sad truth is they're not made well. When my daughter's CF4 Hope bat from 2012 is still going strong with good pop, and the Ghosts are breaking out of the wrapper, you can't say there's not an issue.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
yes it is relevant...if you keep hitting a crack..it gets bigger and bigger until it gives. Im sure you do "rep" for a store,
as does 5 million people in this country right now. SIS alone has 4.5 of them...haha

And again, yes, connections are diff than the barrel. If you feel a wobble getting worse and worse, at some point
you have to look at it

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
yes it is relevant...if you keep hitting a crack..it gets bigger and bigger until it gives. Im sure you do "rep" for a store,
as does 5 million people in this country right now. SIS alone has 4.5 of them...haha

And again, yes, connections are diff than the barrel. If you feel a wobble getting worse and worse, at some point
you have to look at it
You seem like a really nice person. And no, I don't rep for SIS, but that's none of your business. And I'm sure the 3B coach really cared if it was the connection or the bat cracking as the barrel went flying over his head. SMH...

2022 Ghost only used in games after one tournament. NO, there are no issues with these things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210706-123008_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20210706-123008_Messages.jpg
    812.1 KB · Views: 66

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Guess your're not understanding...I said there is a diff between a connection and the barrel.

If a connection is cracked and you keep hitting and hitting and it keep cracking..it will break. A barrel
will not do that.

So, how many 2022s have you sold for somebody else's store that broke?

Mar 28, 2014
Guess your're not understanding...I said there is a diff between a connection and the barrel.

If a connection is cracked and you keep hitting and hitting and it keep cracking..it will break. A barrel
will not do that.

So, how many 2022s have you sold for somebody else's store that broke?
Who in the world hits over and over at the connection point?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13