Crack? 2022 Ghost Advanced

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Thank you. I hope you're right. I sent the pics to our local Easton rep who said it was cracking in the flex of the composite and that while fine for now, the crack would develop and raise up :S. I dont think it can solely be a paint crack because it goes through multiple layers of paint etc- like the silver H of the 'GHOST' is actually raised up significantly from the white paint of the bat...doesnt seem logical that a paint crack would tear through both types of paint & continue on the other side. She hasnt swung an Easton for a few years and this is reminding me why lol. (Ball is still coming off the bat nicely though)
I had some long thing wirtten out...then deleted, I will just say "wow" to that rep and he apparently hasnt seen any Eastons...hahaha

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2021
Hi. New here. 15 yo daughter plays and gotten really into softball and bought her her first ghost recently. Had to replace after a just a few months with several cracks. No issue with warranty. If the bat does have a warranty wouldn’t it be best for her to hit with bat she loves when she is practicing her batting? Seems like you would want to practice with the bat you hit with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Hi. New here. 15 yo daughter plays and gotten really into softball and bought her her first ghost recently. Had to replace after a just a few months with several cracks. No issue with warranty. If the bat does have a warranty wouldn’t it be best for her to hit with bat she loves when she is practicing her batting? Seems like you would want to practice with the bat you hit with?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Its all up to you. Lots have the same theory you do and nobody is wrong. Do whatever you want to.
People are just talking about how to make your gamer last, and having a bp beater is a good way...thats all.

I would prefer to beat up something else rather than a gamer.

May 26, 2023
DD very recently purchased a 2022 Easton Ghost Advanced.

She's had 3 BP with it. The first one was about 50 low-key swings off a tee, rotating the bat every swing.

The second BP was about 150 hits off a tee. Half of them at 50-75%, half of them at 100% and all of them were in a VARO hitting sleeve.

The third BP was about 50 front toss....and the bat seems to have a crack which goes through various layers & levels of paint (Left picture). (And some other low key raised V shaped 'crack' which could be paint? Right pic)

This is the first Easton she's had since the original Ghost....if this is a barrel crack it will be beyond disappointing. Can someone with more experience with Easton's give us an idea of whether this is likely to be a crack?
No brotha, not cracked. You're good. Tell your daughter to keep swinging hard.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28