Do Ghost Advanced bats REALLY break a lot?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 19, 2016
Yes...the Ghost Advanced breaks quit a bit. The Ghost Double Barrel is more durable. One piece bats sting so I wouldn't buy one without having her swing it first.

May 20, 2015

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
This is good fodder for me. As I start to come into slow season at work, not softball, I'll have time to track my client's returns. Of course, not everyone who returns a bat on warranty needs my help to do so, but you'd be amazed at how many people do not listen when I tell them to save their box and receipt.

Personally, the last 100 bats I've sold have been about 32% Easton, 43% Wilson, and a mixed bag of everything else. I'll put together a spreadsheet to see who contacts me the most for the receipts they lost.

Jan 16, 2020
My DD has fallen for Ghost bats She swings the 2pc Advance far better than anything else. The 1 pc, not so much. We have or had 5 total, and has not broken 1. 32/22 2020 Advance is almost 3 years old, uses 4-5 times a week. Just picked up a 2022 Advanced 33/22 from @LEsoftballdad ( great price and service ) a few weeks ago. So far through a couple of break in sessions, she's killing it. 33/23 Unlimited is too end loaded for her swing, but ball flies off with solid hits.

May 20, 2015
I realized not everyone might know…. NCAA tests/puts stickers on bats for tournament play I believe. This one has more stickers on it than a garbage can next to a surfing beach in Hawaii.

haha DD1s team has a bunch of ghost team bats......some GAs, a double barrel and maybe an old grey.......used mostly at practice these days, but they get checked in as backups just incase.......i think they've been cleared of stickers multiple times, and still look like that lol

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I realized not everyone might know…. NCAA tests/puts stickers on bats for tournament play I believe. This one has more stickers on it than a garbage can next to a surfing beach in Hawaii.
Man, i wanted to see that pic but its blury on me end. I had no idea what it was showing...hahahah
It may be my 10 year old laptop and the fact I have no idea how to use this site on my phone :D

God, I need tech help...hahahahah, or maybe not be so stubborn about it :D

Aug 9, 2021
Like any mass produced product...luck of the draw...some will break and most will not. We had a Ghost Unlimited one piece break within a week while playing in Colorado. Replacements seem fine...so far. These are 34" drop -10. Before that we had two Ghost Advanced with no problem in 33" drop -9. Paint chips but no breakage.

Think I got the above right, been a while since I've thought about bats. Next bat is a 34" drop 9. I expect no problems with it (they/them). :)

I saw a post on IG today that said something to the effect of... "buy them a new bat, take the day off, this will not last forever...and when it's gone it's gone forever."

Hit hard.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I saw a post on IG today that said something to the effect of... "buy them a new bat, take the day off, this will not last forever...and when it's gone it's gone forever."
Ok, I will ask because Im ok with feeling like a dinosaur tech wise and im not sure...what is IG?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee