2022 Easton Ghost; Is This Cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2019
My 9 year old has been using this bat for a week or so (about 200-250 swings). This is her first Ghost (only owed LXT’s prior to this) so we don’t know what to expect. She’s hitting the ball really well and the bat is performing great. My main concern is the ridges on each side. Seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Is this something we should worry about?
I'd keep using it until:
1) There is a separation in the composite
2) The ball starts coming off the bat "dead"
3) An umpire kicks it out.

Jun 22, 2019
Ha
My 9 year old has been using this bat for a week or so (about 200-250 swings). This is her first Ghost (only owed LXT’s prior to this) so we don’t know what to expect. She’s hitting the ball really well and the bat is performing great. My main concern is the ridges on each side. Seems to be getting bigger and bigger. Is this something we should worry about?

Has the sound changed. This is how we typically find out a bat is broken, it starts to sound funny. With that said, my girls wear metal spikes and knock the bat against their cleats so it looks beat up even when it’s in good shape.

if the sound hasn’t changed and it‘s still performing well…just keep hitting it.

Oct 19, 2017
Ha

Has the sound changed. This is how we typically find out a bat is broken, it starts to sound funny. With that said, my girls wear metal spikes and knock the bat against their cleats so it looks beat up even when it’s in good shape.

if the sound hasn’t changed and it‘s still performing well…just keep hitting it.

We just finished breaking it in so not much experience with the sound but it sounded great yesterday. She’ll be playing a tournament next weekend so we’ll know more after that.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Has the sound changed. This is how we typically find out a bat is broken, it starts to sound funny.

I think I get what you mean I hope...haha. But this way isnt great. You can see when a bat
is broken most of the time. Sounds are very fooling for bats with inner tech.

Jun 22, 2019
You can see it, but my kids have the bats so beat up by banging it against their cleats that we don’t even look at it until they hit it and say it sound funny. The break is usually pretty noticeable when we find it.

To be honest, we’ve only broken a few barrels and they always had jagged cracks and we’re very obvious.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You can see it, but my kids have the bats so beat up by banging it against their cleats that we don’t even look at it until they hit it and say it sound funny. The break is usually pretty noticeable when we find it.

To be honest, we’ve only broken a few barrels and they always had jagged cracks and we’re very obvious.

The sharktooths are the easy way to tell.

Btw, on to the first thing you said. Funny text I got last week. Parent goes...hey Core, I got so many little cracks on my
bat, whats the return process and is there anythign I can do to stop it from cracking all the time. I was like, wth, lots of
little cracks...I knew something was up. I asked for a pic. So he sends me one...haha. First thing I said was, yeah, best
way to stop these "cracks" is for your dd to stop hitting her cleats 😁. Secondly, they arent cracks...haha

Dec 11, 2010
When you really like to buy and sell used bats, one of the things that is a show stopper is cleat marks. It ruins the value of bats.

Tell them to knock it off!

And if you have young kids, don’t let that start!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
There is always a fence pole to tap your cleats against or whatever else...carry a wood bat around to put at the fence if
its that necessary. I cringe when I hear that sound when girls crack their bat against their cleats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812