Do Ghost Advanced bats REALLY break a lot?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
My daughter has broke 6 or 7 Ghost Advanced bats in the last year or so. The Ghost Advanced is a good bat but the durability is poor. She keeps two Ghost Advanced bats in her bat bag since one of them is broken nearly all the time. Just got a new warranty replacement about 1 month ago from Easton, now the other Ghost Advanced is broken.

I will say this. Easton has not given us any problems with returning the Ghost bats.

She has had Ghost bats that only last a week before breaking, some last a couple months. The Demarini CF series bats would last about 10 months before breaking.

May 18, 2019
My daughter has broke 6 or 7 Ghost Advanced bats in the last year or so. The Ghost Advanced is a good bat but the durability is poor. She keeps two Ghost Advanced bats in her bat bag since one of them is broken nearly all the time. Just got a new warranty replacement about 1 month ago from Easton, now the other Ghost Advanced is broken.

I will say this. Easton has not given us any problems with returning the Ghost bats.

She has had Ghost bats that only last a week before breaking, some last a couple months. The Demarini CF series bats would last about 10 months before breaking.
I'm increasingly convinced that:

1. The ghost is so popular primarily because of its sound and really clever marketing (see #2).

2. The durability issue is intentional because it's both a marketing tool (it's so cutting edge it breaks) and as a sales tool (about 1/2 the ghost owners I know carry 2 because one is often broken)

3. Perversely, they sell more because the price is high (see #1)

It's unfathomable to me that a bat with regulated specs and this many years on the market would break like this).

May 16, 2016
Illinois
breakage, believe my 18u team went thru 9 Ghosts last summer.
Very common.

No one would swing an Easton bat if they did not allow a person to return a bat multiple times in a calendar year. The only people that don't say that there is a durability issue with Easton Ghost bats are damn near always bias, meaning they work for Easton or are some kind of sales rep or sell Easton bats. Everyone else knows that there is a breakage issue.

May 20, 2015
Very common.

No one would swing an Easton bat if they did not allow a person to return a bat multiple times in a calendar year. The only people that don't say that there is a durability issue with Easton Ghost bats are damn near always bias, meaning they work for Easton or are some kind of sales rep or sell Easton bats. Everyone else knows that there is a breakage issue.

Guess my experience, the experience of players and the kids teammates are very different

There was one bad production run early in 2019 that we heard a few stories about, and Easton acknowledged....since then we've seen very few instances of breakage within warranty period

Since the 2022 model came out, I can't recall hearing of a single warranty return....not that it's a major conversation topic, but.....

And here in the northeast there's all sort of marginal conditions where bats get used.....

To be honest, warranty breakage seems to be down across the board, aside from the handful of Meta horror stories we've seen

The last bat we sent back was 2019 ghost advanced, but that was a connection cover mishit issue.....we cracked a mantra after 18 months, and one ghost advanced after 3+ years......and I can't think of more than a couple girls we know who have had any warranty issues, regardless of brand?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Guess my experience, the experience of players and the kids teammates are very different

There was one bad production run early in 2019 that we heard a few stories about, and Easton acknowledged....since then we've seen very few instances of breakage within warranty period

Since the 2022 model came out, I can't recall hearing of a single warranty return....not that it's a major conversation topic, but.....

And here in the northeast there's all sort of marginal conditions where bats get used.....

To be honest, warranty breakage seems to be down across the board, aside from the handful of Meta horror stories we've seen

The last bat we sent back was 2019 ghost advanced, but that was a connection cover mishit issue.....we cracked a mantra after 18 months, and one ghost advanced after 3+ years......and I can't think of more than a couple girls we know who have had any warranty issues, regardless of brand?
Tim, I would say you've been lucky. My friend's daughter has tried the DS and Advanced, all with the same results. Personally, the middle one is my favorite.Screenshot_20230421_202047_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20230421_202106_Messages.jpgScreenshot_20230421_202141_Messages.jpg

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
If you look at a decent amount of breaks...lots are at the connection. Which has been known that handle shots/mishits can cause damage on Ghosts. But of course, nobody will admit that their child ever hit balls
down there :). Especially the bats that look brand new but yet connection broke. You know what has happened
a few times.
And you know, everybody knows a person who knows a person that never broke any other bat except a Ghost :)

Im not saying mishits shouldnt happen...its a pitchers job to make you have bad contact. Just its a possibility
you might break a bat. That could go for any bat in that case though

Jun 8, 2016
At this point there is no way Easton engineers don’t have a really good idea about the durability so if it doesn’t seem to be improving they (as in whoever does the finances...) have determined they don’t need to improve it. They have no moral/legal responsibility to do so. This isn't an airplane, ain't nobody dying when a bat breaks...

So basically what I am trying to say is that ultimately you guys have nobody to blame but yourselves for continuing to buy them...😂

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee