Backup bat for people using an Easton Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 13, 2021
For those of you that have DD's using an Easton Ghost what are you using as a backup bat. I guess I am just taking for granted that everyone has a backup even if it is another ghost. Also does she use her Ghost when hitting in the cage or does she use her back up bat or an entirely different bat. Right now we have a Ghost Adv and an LXT as a back up bat, she uses her ghost 100% in games and about 90% when in the cage and field practice. We are going to move up in size before to long and just trying to see what everyone else is doing.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
We just have two Ghosts. Same weight, same length. I think my daughter went through 6 Ghosts in the last 14 months. Easton has been good with all the returns. One of her current Ghost bats is starting to break, that bat has two spot were it has started to fracture. We only use the broken bat in the cage. We do hit a pretty good amount, 3-4 days per week.

May 13, 2021
We just have two Ghosts. Same weight, same length. I think my daughter went through 6 Ghosts in the last 14 months. Easton has been good with all the returns. One of her current Ghost bats is starting to break, that bat has two spot were it has started to fracture. We only use the broken bat in the cage. We do hit a pretty good amount, 3-4 days per week.
That is what I figured most people do.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Is the Ghost/LXT combo working for you? If so, stick with it, but just look for a good used back in the backup size to save a few bucks.

My girls are different in that they're not married to any one brand, so they don't have a backup. My younger daughter swaps her DS 34-24 Ghost and a 34-24 Marucci Echo Connect Diamond, although the Marucci is becoming her favorite. My older daughter switches between her 33-23 DS Ghost, LXT, and Marucci Echo Connect, but neither of them is used more than the others. I think she just grabs what's closest. I had to hide her 2020 DS 32-22 Ghost because her college coach told her nothing smaller than a 33-23.

As for what we sell a lot of, the Xeno goes like crazy due to its lower price. Are they using it as a backup? I can't say for certain.

Jan 22, 2011
I bought a Power Carbon from Core as a backup bat to her Ghost two years ago. She's used it in a couple games and hit very well but prefers her Ghost. Her travel ball team made her use a DeMarni last summer and I was able to get a used Prism(?) for $100. She hated the bat but hit well with it.

@CoreSoftball20 will be happy to hear this year the section switched their official gameball from Wilson to Dudley.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021
Is the Ghost/LXT combo working for you? If so, stick with it, but just look for a good used back in the backup size to save a few bucks.
Well she rarely uses the LXT and when she does it is either in the cage or at practice. Wish I could find something she likes as well as the ghost. Me personally I don't think there is a dimes worth of difference between all the top of the line bats performance wise.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Well she rarely uses the LXT and when she does it is either in the cage or at practice. Wish I could find something she likes as well as the ghost. Me personally I don't think there is a dimes worth of difference between all the top of the line bats performance wise.
And you're correct. It's all about the swing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45