2022 Easton Ghost; Is This Cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 28, 2019
You might be surprised how much pop is still in the Ghost Advanced, even when it's badly wounded. My DD was still hitting solid 200'+ shots in BP with the bat in the condition of the top 2 pics.
seems pretty dangerous to be swinging a bat either on the field or even in BP in that condition.

May 6, 2015
You might be surprised how much pop is still in the Ghost Advanced, even when it's badly wounded. My DD was still hitting solid 200'+ shots in BP with the bat in the condition of the top 2 pics.
concur on this, DDs GA has a very faint shark tooth crack, still hitting well, having her best season ever at plate in fact (starting to all come together for her). DW swears it is paint. as long as it stays like it is, she will keep using it, up to 3 weeks before warranty runs out (in winter ;))

May 24, 2013
So Cal
seems pretty dangerous to be swinging a bat either on the field or even in BP in that condition.

Dangerous how? It was not used in a situation where it could hurt anyone - solo hitting off a tee in a cage, and a wide open field with me behind a screen about 20' away. Even at the very end of its life, there were a few strands of carbon fiber that had to be literally torn apart to completely separate the two halves. My DD's expectation of the barrel end flying out into the field were spoiled by the nature of carbon fiber composite material.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA

The barrrel is not going to just fly off on a composite bat if its cracked...composite isnt made like that. You literally have
snap every single fiber in the weave around the whole bat before it is gonna let go.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Dangerous how? It was not used in a situation where it could hurt anyone - solo hitting off a tee in a cage, and a wide open field with me behind a screen about 20' away. Even at the very end of its life, there were a few strands of carbon fiber that had to be literally torn apart to completely separate the two halves. My DD's expectation of the barrel end flying out into the field were spoiled by the nature of carbon fiber composite material.

Told ya its not that easy to make the barrel come apart ;)

Oct 4, 2018
That looks like the top layers of composite are starting to crack a little. The "shark tooth" pattern is telling. However, this does not mean the bat is anywhere near suddenly and catastrophically exploding.

At first it looked like paint, but two of the lines on the OP's bat do in fact look like shark tooth.

Hit it more and see what transpires.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We picked up the 2022 Ghost last weekend direct from Easton. After one week of using it, we have this. Easton replaced a 2020 GA for something similar for us before. I'm no expert so I wasn't sure if this was "the paint" or cracked?View attachment 22373

Im not so sure thats a crack...kinda looks like paint. Just hit it and dont worry about it so much. If its a crack, you will
know later

Oct 4, 2018

Yeah, these don't break like a wooden bat at an MLB game where half of it can fly 50 feet and almost reach a fielder.

These break in a much less dramatic fashion.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Yeah, these don't break like a wooden bat at an MLB game where half of it can fly 50 feet and almost reach a fielder.

These break in a much less dramatic fashion.

Kinda sucks fashion...hahaha. Although adults can get it to fly a little on their last leg. But takes a while to get it to
that last leg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish