2022 Easton Ghost; Is This Cracked?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It turns out that the strings of carbon fibers on the composite matrix make for strong legs.

Im tellin ya...seen some bats take forever to even have the crack get bigger.
Thats what always made me laugh when people see a little mark and get all worried. Just hit it.

Oct 4, 2018
It turns out that the strings of carbon fibers on the composite matrix make for strong legs.

I can picture a video with a parent trying to make the composite bat break. Swinging it viciously, standing on one end while tugging on the handle, etc. etc.

May 6, 2015
with DDs old 2019 ghost, I tried very unsuccessfully after we saw cracks (out of warranty period ) to induce a catastrophic failure, ie I swung it full bore at a corner of dumpster next door (construction going on, still going on). utter failure, she could probably still use it (some shark tooth cracks, dumpster swings did nada)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
with DDs old 2019 ghost, I tried very unsuccessfully after we saw cracks (out of warranty period ) to induce a catastrophic failure, ie I swung it full bore at a corner of dumpster next door (construction going on, still going on). utter failure, she could probably still use it (some shark tooth cracks, dumpster swings did nada)

My DD took many hundreds of swings in the course of a week for my DD to get her GA from significant crack to final failure, with full intent to break the thing in half on every swing. It turns out that taking a crap-ton of swings is also good for hitting performance. She was on fire at the plate for the next couple of weeks.

May 6, 2015
My DD took many hundreds of swings in the course of a week for my DD to get her GA from significant crack to final failure, with full intent to break the thing in half on every swing. It turns out that taking a crap-ton of swings is also good for hitting performance. She was on fire at the plate for the next couple of weeks.

I must be the exception to the rule, because after several good hard cracks at the dumpster, my hitting went from nonexistent . . to nonexistent ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish