Backup bat for people using an Easton Ghost?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 20, 2020
SW Missouri
What year Xeno’s are you using.

The last two sizes of back-ups have been 2015 year Xeno’s. If memory serves I bought them for $75 and $100. And resold them for at least that much when DD moved up sizes each time.

Edit: Just to clarify, I find the used Xeno’s on eBay. Haven’t had a lot of luck on similar pricing through SidelineSwap. Play It Again Sports has an online store and you can usually find great used prices there. But shipping is hit or miss depending on how far/close the store that has the bat is.

DD recently moved up to a 34/26 GA. Finding a used Xeno as a back-up (at a price I was willing to pay) was impossible. I ended up finding a NIW RXT for cheap. Its a touch lighter than the GA in my opinion. But DD says she likes it and that they are both close enough.

Last edited:

JOHNN

Just a dad of 3 girls
Aug 5, 2019
South Louisiana
It's just such a tank I have zero concern about it breaking. DD had a 2015 Xeno as her prior back-up and it was as hot as anything she's hit with. I almost prefer finding the old ones for her as the previous owners have done all the break in but they have tons of life left - haha.
The 2013-2017 Xeno's are hot as hades and pretty much indestructible. My daughters favorites are the 2014 & 2016 though as the 2017 weighs a ton

Sep 8, 2021
The 2013-2017 Xeno's are hot as hades and pretty much indestructible. My daughters favorites are the 2014 & 2016 though as the 2017 weighs a ton
In all the ball that I have seen.. I have only seen three broken xenos. Craziest thing is that two of them broke in half on the same day. It was a 70 degree day.

She has a drop 9 and a drop 10 xeno that have both taken a beating.

Compare that to the 9 ghosts and 3 mizunos that my kid has broken.. herself.

Oct 4, 2018
Crazy. My DD has never broken a Ghost (and it's her main bat) but has broken a Xeno.

It's our main back-up bat too. Perhaps that's why it broke.

The Ghost is now the back-up bat for her Xeno. :p

She's been crushing the Xeno. Home runs in last three tournaments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee