Dd # 2 8 u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
Scroll? Help me understand. THanks

Sorry I kinda made up that name... I asked, and can't get the word from the experts....yet. I'm talking about when the front foot lands on the ball of the foot, then (toggles) back to the heal, then rolls over to the outer arch.

The 8u has cognizance of it, but instead of landing on it she is getting some foot action started... by lifting up the toes...I know these are older, and phases of her development...I know I'm going to see her hit the front pad, and that leg will be straight... would like to see the rest, and up to today, how she is doing.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Getting my now 9U daughter ready for the season. Will be updating this thread again. Have learned a lot reading lately. Need to get some current video of her swing. In the meantime, comments on this old swing appreciated. I want to use this as baseline. How is the swing plane? I know there is much to do on the stride.

dfhxd5.gif

I would leave her swing alone until she got older then would look at it again. Just work some knee high low. middle, and up in the zone.

All three zones, try to pick a good ball flight and where she should be hitting in the net.
Give her a goal to work on good ball flight.

SL

Last edited:
May 22, 2012
Happy Saturday all! Here's a clip from today. Its worth pointing out that little sister DD is moving up from coach pitch for the first time. She is raw. Great resources on this site will help me teach her proper sequence. I like the power she displays. We are working on tilt and stride, and really just trying to get some consistency. Appreciate drill suggestions and thoughts.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I make my 8u baseball boys do this:
braunstart_zpsaa283b73.gif

over and over and over and over. While they are waiting for their turn, around their house, at the mall, recess...
Focusing on pulling with their back...more back, less armsy.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Better. Now see if she can have a 'feel' of turning the barrel (i.e., of using the top hand to pull around) slightly earlier ... and see if this 'feel' can lead to her elbow slotting. Let the elbow slotting occur as a result of the desire to use the hands.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing