Dd # 2 8 u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
stickpile39,
Check out SwingSmater.com Click on archive on the left of page.Scroll down page to article:4 critical steps to fixing bat drag & weight transfer issues.

May 16, 2010
Something tells me this is for 10U mostly. Or baseball.

I'm curious as to why you say that.

It appears to be a pretty good device for curing bat drag, and learning to keep the hands back, and stay connected. And, it teaches you how to move the bat with torso rotation instead of the arms.

$83 for just the device, is too much IMO I wouldn't buy it at that price. I'd pay $50.

P.S.
Duh! I just got it. Has to do with female anatomy.

Last edited:
May 22, 2012
Getting my now 9U daughter ready for the season. Will be updating this thread again. Have learned a lot reading lately. Need to get some current video of her swing. In the meantime, comments on this old swing appreciated. I want to use this as baseline. How is the swing plane? I know there is much to do on the stride.

dfhxd5.gif

Attachments

• gwcY8J1.jpg
    gwcY8J1.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 23
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I'm curious as to why you say that.

It appears to be a pretty good device for curing bat drag, and learning to keep the hands back, and stay connected. And, it teaches you how to move the bat with torso rotation instead of the arms.

$83 for just the device, is too much IMO I wouldn't buy it at that price. I'd pay $50.

P.S.
Duh! I just got it. Has to do with female anatomy.

Funny.....
Girls might get peo'd at you for bringing that out in the lesson :D

SL

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Getting my now 9U daughter ready for the season. Will be updating this thread again. Have learned a lot reading lately. Need to get some current video of her swing. In the meantime, comments on this old swing appreciated. I want to use this as baseline. How is the swing plane? I know there is much to do on the stride.

dfhxd5.gif

I REALLY LIKE IT!! The ONLY thing if you made me critique it, would be, when loading her upper, keep her hands closer to her shoulder and do the pull back with just her upper back muscles (tighten it up). Please don't tweak away her natural talent! I am nervous for you! She is so young and has so many years ahead of people that will try to change her swing. I LIKE IT!

May 22, 2012
"Please don't tweak away her natural talent! I am nervous for you!"

I understand what you mean. It has happened already to her older sister to a degree in both pitching and hitting :(
Just today a "coach" at her hitting facility told her to stop tilting her back shoulder and swing level. UGGGHHH!!!!

In any event I'm back on the case, more committed than ever, armed with more knowledge and learning every day. Hopin to make a difference.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing