Dd # 2 8 u

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2012
pstein, thanks for weighing in and offering the vote of confidence. I'm certainly not planning on overhauling anything, especially with Little DD here as i would never want her to lose her aggressive swing, just tweaking.

From the feedback I am getting it seems like they both need to work on getting the shoulders to rotate a bit more and the hands dropping less, during pitch plane recognition.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
pstein, thanks for weighing in and offering the vote of confidence. I'm certainly not planning on overhauling anything, especially with Little DD here as i would never want her to lose her aggressive swing, just tweaking.

From the feedback I am getting it seems like they both need to work on getting the shoulders to rotate a bit more and the hands dropping less, during pitch plane recognition.

Just curious ... was there a recent post here that recommended rotating the shoulders during pitch recognition?

May 22, 2012
not here but in the other thread for older DD, suggestion is that there is a need to laterally tilt instead of having hands drop and go across body

May 22, 2012
Thanks, alot to be learned here (As usual ) Firstly, my perception or at least my visual image of shoulder rotation was that during load and stretch the right shoulder his higher than the left and then through the course of the swing the height of the shoulders switch. (think cabrera) Perhaps, shoulder rotation is not the proper terminology, but this is of course what happens. I especially like the added verbage that the shoulders need to resist this rotation. (Not always something you can see from a photo or a video)

Is another way to think about this that the hips and torso force the shoulders to switch position during the explosion of the barrel launch?

The video from FFS (and thank you for linking the exact time) contributes a lot of added depth to my understanding, especially the sequence and function of the back leg and the role it plays.

There are so many elements to the swing. We will keep plugging, and I will keep learning

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Yes Stickpile ... at swing initiation, when transition of the barrel is captured, the role of the shoulders is more to tilt, and not to turn. The turning of the shoulders is actually resisted. The 'how' the tilt occurs is important ... it's more a bottom/up pull down of the rear shoulder than a top/down action. When people speak of 'rotating' the rear shoulders the thought process is more that of an OTT (Over The Top) type swing where the swing is attempted to be driven & initiated by the shoulders/arms.

http://www.discussfastpitch.com/softball-hitting-technical/14632-teaching-tilt.html

May 22, 2012
DD bounced back big time tonight pitching after a horrible outing, but more relevant to this thread she finally got a nice solid hit with what appears to be real good form to me. Thoughts hitting gurus?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing