Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Aren’t you tired of teaching the same limp concepts? That match no one! Not even AJ. You don’t seem to realize that by teaching a system that you’re cookie cutting right?

What exactly are you passionate about? Helping? Hitting? Or the Brand? Or TM? Your ego? Ask yourself this, the truth might open your mind! Lol how ironic this was said !! 😆 can’t make this crap up !! Thanks @FP26 . You’re smarter than you think !!

Since my statement about fraudulent comparisons to the real HOF pattern wasn’t addressed or defended my ‘hijacking’ was warranted?! Actions speak louder than words.
Why does this become so personal for you? Honest question. I really don't understand it.

I spent my first several forum years asking questions from a number of people. TM, SwingBuilder, MudVNine, BlueDog, TDS, 1ChapterAhead, RedHotCoach, Buttermaker, NoonTime, etc. I enjoyed the discussion and I learned a lot (from everyone I mentioned plus some). What turned me off was the bickering and defensiveness that some of those same posters resorted to. After a while it became impossible to have a real conversation without some members showing how much testosterone they had. It was pretty clear to me at that point that most of those posters no longer had open minds.

I have never met Mike, but from a distance he seems like the type that is legitimately still trying to learn, even though he has a strong belief in his current model. There are some things within the HLP concept that I am not on board with. However, Mike seems to be having success with the pattern and his students seem to be doing well. I wish him and his students the best of luck.

I am also on record as saying that I like your daughter's swing. I wish you and her the best of luck as well. To me there is nothing personal about this. It's just hitting...

Jun 8, 2016
In about 4 years some newbie is going to stumble across the title of this thread, look at how many pages it is and think to him/herself “Damn, this high level pattern method must be hard to teach” 😂

Feb 25, 2020
The hall monitor looks like a real doofus in this thread(yet again). Should just concede that Judge is having success with the HLP. Lots of amateur players are as well it seems.

Should believe the pro's when they tell you what they are doing. Bonds et al, were/are chopping/down to-ing. Judge is HLPing if he says.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Why does this become so personal for you? Honest question. I really don't understand it.

I spent my first several forum years asking questions from a number of people. TM, SwingBuilder, MudVNine, BlueDog, TDS, 1ChapterAhead, RedHotCoach, Buttermaker, NoonTime, etc. I enjoyed the discussion and I learned a lot (from everyone I mentioned plus some). What turned me off was the bickering and defensiveness that some of those same posters resorted to. After a while it became impossible to have a real conversation without some members showing how much testosterone they had. It was pretty clear to me at that point that most of those posters no longer had open minds.

I have never met Mike, but from a distance he seems like the type that is legitimately still trying to learn, even though he has a strong belief in his current model. There are some things within the HLP concept that I am not on board with. However, Mike seems to be having success with the pattern and his students seem to be doing well. I wish him and his students the best of luck.

I am also on record as saying that I like your daughter's swing. I wish you and her the best of luck as well. To me there is nothing personal about this. It's just hitting...

The victim act is tired. I’ve asked Mike some questions; he’s answered some and ignored some. I didn’t start the night shift big chest act Mike did. Remember that? I just reminded him that he’s lying and his passive aggressive crap doesn’t play w me. It just so happens I backed him into a ‘corner’ he couldn’t get out of. See what I did there? 😆

Call me hall monitor or hitting police or truth seeker. I don’t care. We’re all grown here. I expect that to drive convos. Not a brand. Not what someone teaches/wants. It’s about the video/content. AJs swing has changed. Mike admitted that.

The problem is Mike couldn’t come up w plausible answers to AJs changes as well as other unanswered questions and that pissed him off. There wasn’t another drill or prop to hide behind. Bc HLP doesn’t teach what AJ does now. It’s that simple.

There are no hard feelings here. I don’t take this personal. Guys take stuff personal when they’re losing. Don’t forget that !!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
The victim act is tired. I’ve asked Mike some questions; he’s answered some and ignored some. I didn’t start the night shift big chest act Mike did. Remember that? I just reminded him that he’s lying and his passive aggressive crap doesn’t play w me. It just so happens I backed him into a ‘corner’ he couldn’t get out of. See what I did there? 😆

Call me hall monitor or hitting police or truth seeker. I don’t care. We’re all grown here. I expect that to drive convos. Not a brand. Not what someone teaches/wants. It’s about the video/content. AJs swing has changed. Mike admitted that.

The problem is Mike couldn’t come up w plausible answers to AJs changes as well as other unanswered questions and that pissed him off. There wasn’t another drill or prop to hide behind. Bc HLP doesn’t teach what AJ does now. It’s that simple.

There are no hard feelings here. I don’t take this personal. Guys take stuff personal when they’re losing. Don’t forget that !!
The tough guy act is just as tiring. You say you don't take it personal, yet make clear personal attacks towards MIke. I have not paid much attention to this thread, so perhaps there were attacks the other was as well, I"m not sure.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The tough guy act is just as tiring. You say you don't take it personal, yet make clear personal attacks towards MIke. I have not paid much attention to this thread, so perhaps there were attacks the other was as well, I"m not sure.

I asked tough questions after he changed the intent. It’s clear if you go back and read. Those ‘attacks’ were questions. I’ve debated many others here and there. Same thing. Now it’s called ‘tough guy’? Sorry I did no such thing. I didnt error on that side. I’m clear w what I’m trying to accomplish.

Maybe you should have paid more attention beforehand. I was not the aggressor. Mike said he was ‘passionate’. Passionate about what? That’s how he excused his behavior. So I asked what he was so passionate about. Trying to get to the root so I could know what I’m dealing with. Don’t understand why that’s so bad. His guru is passionate about being right. It’s clear. I thought Mike had perhaps followed suit. If so I would have laughed that off and left it alone. No point in debating a ‘blind’ truth seeker.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414