Is it okay?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Wow. So it's okay to make fun of other posters, as long as it's not done in the same category?

I don't think the OP was sarcasm. I think it was just plain mean. And certainly not funny.
I think you need to lighten up and get to know people a little before passing harsh judgement. Had you been a part of this forum for more than a week, you would have understood and not been insulted so quickly.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
She is 13 and only throwing 55. You don't have a chance. My dd was 65 by 13. The only pitch she didn't have was a fastball.

Cecelia, wow, all I can say is wow.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Rd, what is a pole barn? When you talk "pole" I don't think of a barn lol. Funny is my post was almost word for word to that other one.

Thank you my friends for your support. Pretty stressed right now about DD's choice of teams she wants to play for.
We should all meet in some small town in the middle of the country and have a game with al our DD's.

Cecelia, I am sorry if you we're offended. No my post was not meant to be attacking, or making fun of others.

Happy hump day to you all :)

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
If we can't poke fun at ourselves then we are all doomed. At the end of the day we are a bunch of parents of what I am guessing are the best players in their leagues/teams and yet we (I) scour this board as a resource to make our DDs even better, so the OP is actually pretty close to reality for a lot of us, I know she is for me. Seriously, my 8 year old is a stud, would have easily been the best player in 8U if she hadn't moved up to 10U, she hustles, is very coachable and yet I just posted a video trying to get feedback to improve her swing. Which is a swing I know most of the parents that compete against her would love to have for their daughter, but I see the flaws and want them fixed. If that is not compulsive\overly competitive\whatever then I don't know what is. I also know that my obsession with softball is very worthy of ridicule. I'm just happy the DDs didn't take up rhythmic gymnastics, the people on those boards really can't take a joke.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Pole barns

A pole barn in North America is a barn that is essentially a roof extended over a series of poles. They are generally rectangular and do not require exterior walls. The roof is supported by the poles, which make up the perimeter of the barn.[8] Walls may be added to pole barns but are not required for structural integrity. The roof can be gabled or hooped. Pole barns are often used for hay storage or livestock shelter, and larger structures are also used for indoor horse stables and riding arenas. This type of barn is not only very common in modern agriculture but is also used for other applications where large spaces are needed, including boat and truck storage, warehouses, strip malls, retail stores, public exhibit buildings at a fairgrounds, and related uses. Residential garages are also built as pole barns because of their quick construction time and efficient use of materials.

The advantages of pole barns include their low cost and their ability to store large quantities of hay or other materials in areas easily accessible by vehicles, machines, and people.[9]

In the United Kingdom a pole barn refers to a type of Dutch barn.

Dixieland-1-300x180.gif

Heard it can get you the #1 pitcher spot.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Rd, what is a pole barn? When you talk "pole" I don't think of a barn lol. Funny is my post was almost word for word to that other one.

Thank you my friends for your support. Pretty stressed right now about DD's choice of teams she wants to play for.
We should all meet in some small town in the middle of the country and have a game with al our DD's.

Cecelia, I am sorry if you we're offended. No my post was not meant to be attacking, or making fun of others.

Happy hump day to you all :)

I got the humor. I know the only thread 'not' to joke on is the hitting thread. Those guys are wayyyy to serious they all should........opps thats me. Never mind in my Gilda Radnor voice.

Bucketmom

Psycho for softball!
Feb 13, 2013
At the fields
Hitting? What's that? DD has not hit in her last 4 games. She has slipped back into the counting on being walked to get on base. Lucky for her it worked. And has the nerve to be pissed at the coach because she dropped 4 spots on the line up. Ugh

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hitting? What's that? DD has not hit in her last 4 games. She has slipped back into the counting on being walked to get on base. Lucky for her it worked. And has the nerve to be pissed at the coach because she dropped 4 spots on the line up. Ugh

hit (ht)
v. hit, hit·ting, hits
v.tr.
a. To come into contact with forcefully; strike:

That there is funny. I crack myself up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing