Dealing with Drama from Another Player

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 14, 2019
Needing some advice on how to deal with a situation. My daughter joined a new team(12u) this year which she was really excited about. One of her school friends also joined the team. After the first practice she was invited to the 14u practices and asked to play in some 14u tournaments as needed. This team felt like a perfect fit for her.

We had our first scrimmage today and afterwards I get a long message from the school friends mom about how my daughter made rude comments to her daughter during the game. The stuff she was complaining about aren't even things my daughter would say. If she said she put her in a headlock I might believe it, but she just isn't a rude kid. I was in shock she would say this about my daughter. This is not her personality at all. We were sitting close to the dugout and I never heard anything. I asked my daughter and she just looked confused and said all she told her was good hit. The "friend" is always in conflict with someone. I even quit coaching their basketball team because the "friend" and another girl were so much drama they had our school board involved. I anticipated something might happen when I found out they were both on the same team but was hoping it would be fine.

I am really frustrated that they are starting this stuff right off the bat, and because it is a new team I am worried the coaches might believe this stuff about my daughter is true if her mom goes to them and starts saying stuff. Their skill level is markedly different and I think this may be what is driving the made up story. How should I deal with this? Ignore it? Tell the coach? I don't even know. This is not how you want to start with a new team. We are so anti conflict I hate being thrown into this situation.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
Clearly, if there allegations were true someone else would have heard or seen something. Have your daughter remain consistent in who she is and how she operates on the field. Rise above. If the coaches say anything to you or your daughter, then I would mention the situation. Coaches have seen it all and can usually tell who is the problem. I’d also recommend, if possible, your daughter make sure she is always with other teammates instead of 1-on-1 with the problem child. Keep playing hard and practicing harder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing