Is it okay?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 9, 2012
How many pitches does your DD have Cecelia ;)

My daughter hits only 2 spots-white and black-can anyone help me teach her how to NOT throw a strike please.

I knew what a pole barn was but I always thought you referred to a barn with a "pole inside of it".

Apr 29, 2013
I may be wrong in this, but I think you are misinterpreting her point here. I don't think she is trying to insult anyone who is talking of their DDs, but making light of a few who feel that girls of this group should have command of 10 pitches and be able to pitch against the US national team.

I think the problem is that her post makes no sense at all, which means those of us reading it have to try and come up with some kind of interpretation.

And even if what you say is true. the OP is STILL making fun of something someone obviously posted on this forum.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I think the problem is that her post makes no sense at all, which means those of us reading it have to try and come up with some kind of interpretation.

And even if what you say is true. the OP is STILL making fun of something someone obviously posted on this forum.

Trying to convey humor via the written word can be a challenge sometimes, and people often miss the intended emotion behind a post (hence my previous request for a sarcasm font).

In this case, it's mocking of softball stereotypes. We see it on DFP, and we see it on the fields. Sometimes it's the parent of a kid who is truly fantastic, and the parent is pushing for more (it seems quite a few DFP'ers fall into this category). Sometimes it's the parent who insists their very average kid is the greatest thing to ever grace a softball field, and all should bow down to their glory.

If this type of humor gets you all ruffled, that's your choice. Personally, I think laughing at myself is perfectly acceptable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing