The player who doesn't want to be a batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Man I just can't understand that line of thinking? Both of my pitchers had a great tournament offensively at the plate this weekend!

My DD pitched and played SS, she always hit in the 3 or 4 hole, couldn't imagine taking the bat out of her hand?
We had our end of fall exit interview yesterday, and when we asked about her hitting he responded with, "If you're hitting all your spots come summer, you'll be in the batting order." I understand him wanting her to focus on her pitching, but when your bottom three hitters in the order have a combined .138 BA, I'm sure she'd be way better than that. Also, he doesn't use them at any other positions, so there's a ton of downtime. Hitting makes her feel like she's helping the team more.

Jun 8, 2016
"If you're hitting all your spots come summer, you'll be in the batting order."
Lol..that’s dumb. He is treating PT as a reward vs trying to put the best players out there. Does he tell the SS if she makes more diving plays she will be in the lineup?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lol..that’s dumb. He is treating PT as a reward vs trying to put the best players out there. Does he tell the SS if she makes more diving plays she will be in the lineup?
We had a guaranteed 5 game showcase tournament this weekend, there was either 3 or 4 college coaches on the field for every game, from D1 to JUCO.

Let me give you one guess what the general consensus was that everyone of those coaches talked about, one guess!

Hint…..it wasn’t pitching, catching, or fielding! 😉

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
We had a guaranteed 5 game showcase tournament this weekend, there was either 3 or 4 college coaches on the field for every game, from D1 to JUCO.

Let me give you one guess what the general consensus was that everyone of those coaches talked about, one guess!

Hint…..it wasn’t pitching, catching, or fielding! 😉
If it wasn't beautiful Horween gloves, I assume it was hitting.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
If it wasn't beautiful Horween gloves, I assume it was hitting.
Hey funny man…..last week I got one of my MI’s a Don Morton Horween Pro1000. I re-laced the wrist and started the break in for her. Had no idea she’d want to use it this weekend, cause it definitely wasn’t ready!

During our second game Saturday, two college coaches had her cornered and they took turns checking out her new Horween Pro1000 while handing it back and forth to each other. At one point she pointed to me and mouthed something….they both turned around and looked in my direction like they could care less! 🙄😆

”That’s right boys….six figures and I’ll be your equipment manager”

And yeah, it was hitting!

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
We had our end of fall exit interview yesterday, and when we asked about her hitting he responded with, "If you're hitting all your spots come summer, you'll be in the batting order." I understand him wanting her to focus on her pitching, but when your bottom three hitters in the order have a combined .138 BA, I'm sure she'd be way better than that. Also, he doesn't use them at any other positions, so there's a ton of downtime. Hitting makes her feel like she's helping the team more.
If the bottom 3 has .138 BA your team sucks. I would consider moving on down the line. I said before, coaches make players POs so they can collect dues from the .138 hitters.

Mar 10, 2020
Player who's not interested in putting in the work to be a hitter with parents who are willing to pay. While parents complain when their kid isn't playing. Bucket of crap. Wouldn't be so bad if they didn't complain after all they're just paying for their kid to have a place to get some recreation time.

To the dad whose daughter is pitching
but not in the lineup the longer you allow yourself to stay in that situation the more you're approving and allowing it to happen.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying