The coaches daughter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 18, 2022
For the whole coach's daughter thing, I think from the discussions here that it's all relative to the individuals (coaches and players). I've seen coaches that play their daughters when there were better players benched. I've also seen coach's daughters sitting on the bench b/c they were not performing better than those on the field.

As for using the coach's daughter as a barometer for the team itself, I don't think that works because these are individuals... the player needs to want to play/practice. The coach/dad can't make them improve if they are not interested. My DD is on a great team. The coach enjoys coaching so he's going to coach even if his daughter isn't playing every inning. I have no idea if she loves the game and wants to put in umpteen hours of reps.

Mar 18, 2021
Here’s one I bet nobody else has heard related to this topic

HS Coaches kid is the freshman star pitcher, coach should by all rights be neurotic about practice and the team working hard right? Nope now that they’re together it’s mommy daughter time, so practice gets canceled for hair and makeup appts, family get togethers during the week annnnddd i wish i was making this up "we have laundry to do"

Gotta love a state that doesn't allow athletes to change schools without changing home addresses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles