The player who doesn't want to be a batter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If the bottom 3 has .138 BA your team sucks. I would consider moving on down the line. I said before, coaches make players POs so they can collect dues from the .138 hitters.
That's a bit harsh. We had a .650 winning percentage playing some big-name tournaments as a mostly first-year 16U team. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the wins and losses. To me, it's about getting my daughter noticed.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
That's a bit harsh. We had a .650 winning percentage playing some big-name tournaments as a mostly first-year 16U team. Honestly, I couldn't care less about the wins and losses. To me, it's about getting my daughter noticed.
It was a little harsh but .138 and not hitting pitchers that CAN hit is a little harsh.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
So are you going to stay with the team where your daughter can't be in the lineup?

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So are you going to stay with the team where your daughter can't be in the lineup?
Great question, @RADcatcher. We are taking a few days now that the season is over to digest everything. She did tell me she loves the girls and wants to stay, but she's determined to prove them wrong about hitting. We won't see the team for seven months so a lot can change. She has a hitting lesson tonight, so we will get some input from her trainer and get her thoughts.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Great question, @RADcatcher. We are taking a few days now that the season is over to digest everything. She did tell me she loves the girls and wants to stay, but she's determined to prove them wrong about hitting. We won't see the team for seven months so a lot can change. She has a hitting lesson tonight, so we will get some input from her trainer and get her thoughts.
Everyone has their own journey to prioritize.

7 months...wow... I understand schedules are different around the states. But that seems like a ginormous break 🤔

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Everyone has their own journey to prioritize.

7 months...wow... I understand schedules are different around the states. But that seems like a ginormous break 🤔
We play school ball from late March through June, so travel teams don't play tournaments during that time. At least, that's how it is around here. Also, we can't play outside from November through late March unless we play in a dome or travel to Florida, Arizona, or California. Many teams do winter workouts, but ours are optional, so we are expected to do the work independently, which we will do.

We might guest play with a local team that plays some dome events and one in Florida in February. I am good friends with the coach, so he's already offered and said she'll hit.

Mar 8, 2016
At the end of fall season DDs coach told the team that he was going to put the best 9 hitters in the lineup and then figure out the defense.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee