Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Here we go again. There is no magic beans. It’s really not in the back. I’ve pointed out many times already that the EARLY scap crap is gone. That’s the difference. If you understand the HOF pattern, it’s imperative that the scap ‘loads’ later. It gives the shoulders a chance to stay ‘in’. That takes away the excessive lateral tilt. Which flattens him out, enables contact deep and out front w a new timing mechanism (front foot) bc the engine has changed. He’s spinal now. Like YOU SAID.🤠

I do get a kick out of this… funny stuff.., I didn’t say where the head was did I. I would never teach loading around the spine which you were lapping up. The head is more over the rear column, the right column. The head remains over the rear column. You load under the head, the spring running through the column with a lever on both ends.

0EC527DF-600D-4F85-A82B-5EFE1CDF7A42.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I feel AJ is better at controlling the load like described here. With this new group of players, I’ve been focusing more on load and a consistent place to launch the barrel from.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I do get a kick out of this… funny stuff.., I didn’t say where the head was did I. I would never teach loading around the spine which you were lapping up. The head is more over the rear column, the right column. The head remains over the rear column. You load under the head, the spring running through the column with a lever on both ends.

View attachment 26615

Why do you post still pics? Worthless. AJ already getting forward without the scap crap. Isn’t that enough to realize TM found a better way? He’s getting forward against his spine. That’s what make things counter rotate. Loads posteriorly to unload anteriorly.

1664796096633.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1664797310103.gif

TM has stated in the videos you post that the stretch going forward via the stride gets AJ where he needs to be, mechanically. This was never the case before. He can now use both hips and shoulders to catapult things instead of just the back side.

1664797541471.gif

Maybe he learned it from Jeff Frys. He posted about loading via the stride 6 months back or so. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: TDS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse