Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
So you don't see him moving his middle out more (or ball of the femur if you want to use that as a measure) in what he is doing this year ? Again it isn't Betts in that regards

WriliDO.gif

but it doesn't have to be..

I don't know, maybe I am seeing things :ROFLMAO:

Betts just gets farther in front off the back foot, hanging there as he lowers the front side down. His motion could be considered drop into the swing.

Jun 8, 2016
Betts just gets farther in front off the back foot, hanging there as he lowers the front side down. His motion could be considered drop into the swing.
Rich himself is saying the ball of the femur moving forward is required. Are you contending that how much that happens makes no difference?

Jun 8, 2016
Why did most of the old timers, pre lifting weights, have bigger forward moves in general?

Jun 8, 2016
What changes the most in any hitter is what is called weight shift.
Here we go..please define what you mean by that..

Also why not answer my question?It is a simple yes or no..

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
Simple look at any hitter swings over the years. And you will see differences.
Lol..COG shift or timing of shift of pressure distribution between front and back foot is what I was asking as to what you were referring to since the word weight is never used correctly here..

Jun 8, 2016
Simple look at any hitter swings over the years. And you will see differences.
Lol..COG shift or timing of shift of pressure distribution between front and back foot is what I was asking as to what you were referring to..

Also changes when? During a swing? Season? Career? That sentence was pretty generic..If you meant during a swing and COG, then it is pretty hard to move your COG forward without the ball of the femur moving forward..

I follow TM on social media.. I don’t need you just regurgitating what he says. You been around too long to resort to that..🤷🏽‍♂️

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
1663628167301.gif

Again the COM is turned rearward from the get go. While the back knee stays ‘in’. That’s what keeps the weight back. The hips stretch the core against that when they go forward. His hands are connected to his middle much longer.

1663628911258.gif

This swing is more akin to a golf swing load. Shoulders load early, core is pulling instead of being pulled.

Edit: oh yeah! The HLP is based off the one legged golfer. I forgot. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Attachments

• 1663628359282.gif
    1663628359282.gif
    17.9 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06