Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
‘As my leg goes down, stretch.. that felt really good.’

:):):)
sHYTOLT.gif

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Hit on the left. Miss on the right. The pitcher has a lot to do with it but I have no way to measure that. When he misses he tilts further back and uses shoulder rotation, my guess is a slightly rushed swing and trying to beat the ball to a spot. IMO this is why most of our kids look great in practice and breakdown in the games swing mechanics wise. Hit on the left , I feel he’s behind the ball on a path. not rushed or hurried so he’s on top of the rear hip socket. Dare I say sitting in to his legs.

8448DA82-441F-4B31-9925-77632415EB90.jpeg

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I know you are not saying coil is the only part of the forward move but you can coil and if you just stick your front leg out to stride you will be stuck back (Rich is borderline doing this in the video you posted in post 628)..Try it, as uncomfortable/nonathletic as it may be/feel....

Rich is doing an exaggeration. It’s just a feel and trying to show something at the same time.

The coil is part of the forward as well as stretching and even some hitters like the ride a little.

Hitters are always working forward. Yes there is backward actions. For every action there is a opposite and equal reaction. Coil back = coil/stretching forward.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The coiling of the rear leg in part helps control the forward move. To me, this is one of the contributors to AJ success. It some of his old swings, it looks like he falls forward.

Richard is doing the same thing as Pujols, without falling into both legs. ( the Pujols gif, posing)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winters3478