Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I should have taught the importance of a strong triangle with Haley. I avoided it because early on it seemed to lead to bleeding the corner and dumping the barrel. We solved that with better timing , direction and sequence. Here is where the application of the core is applied. I also see that loading the hands helps with barrel control. A lot of our younger athletes struggle here with the lack of hand strength.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
This take should tell you the truth about his current pattern.

sV4BaSJ.gif

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Well if AJ can listen to him maybe I can too.

Instead of deflecting, why don’t you explain why AJs load pattern looks so different. It obviously helped him. Shouldn’t that be the focus? He is the poster boy right? All the HLPers think so. Can we cut the games?

Didn’t TM go over this yet?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
The more weight on the front foot , the harder it is to achieve this position because the hands get pushed forward has been my experience with young athletes. Controlling and launching from the rear leg has helped my students. BTW, Richard agrees that the front leg gets weighted... Cue the one legged golfer

Like this? AJs hands are not behind a corner here bc the leg doesn’t spiral anymore.. there is no ‘on around’ anymore. He is direct. He’s not stuck back. Let’s his hands be free to go get it out front if needed. The knees tell you where the weight is..

1663594610639.gif

Reactions: TDS

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
br_pickoff