Physical Fitness Test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Ad nauseam. You just don't get it. Keep recycling the same stories and living in the past telling people how great the Tritons were.

I was bragging about my daughter? No, I was asking about info on other schools that have fitness tests because we are worried that she is not at the top of the food chain. But she can definitely hit, throw, and run -- play softball at an All-American level. I stated that at her school the coach only recruits pure athletes. They have no chubs or slugger-only type of girls which are prevalent in the game. They want to model playing fast with elite athleticism but also won plenty of big games on walk-off HRs this year. You shared her go-to line that she doesn't run...and it was 100% backed up by the fact that she never even attempted a stolen base despite that HOF career. To which I pointed out that there are many different types of programs and ways to recruit...and win.

When I shared specific metrics--only after being asked-- I was called a liar by guys who weren't that strong when they were in college. Or whose high school daughters cannot match what these 20+ year olds are pushing out. It is like saying that kids in high school can't run the 400m in under 50 seconds or 48 or 45 because they never did. Umm, yes. Kids get bigger, faster, stronger every year.
I get wanting athletes. My DD is an athlete. But pigeon holding players into certain metrics is limiting. Jocelyn Alo is not running a seven minute mile. So this coach would pass on her?
I smell a little bullshit. What was the schools name, again?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I get wanting athletes. My DD is an athlete. But pigeon holding players into certain metrics is limiting. Jocelyn Alo is not running a seven minute mile. So this coach would pass on her?
First, I deleted a classless response to this troll.

You'll never get the name of this school. In naming the school, it would be too easy to verify the accuracy or inaccuracy of the OP.

May 19, 2024
Also, there are many different things that can affect a players ability/performance on these metrics. My dd has severe exercise induced asthma, has had multiple ankle, knee, and hip injuries/surgeries, and is a power hitter 1b/pitcher. Does it seem probable she is running a 6 minute mile?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Who cares about running a mile? I wanna know how fast you can run 60 ft and 120 ft.

The other race is: Can you finish 4 years of softball at the school that recruited you?

On RB Earl Campbell's inability to finish a 1-mile run "When it's 1st and a mile, I won't give it to him." - Bum Phillips

Oct 14, 2019
First, I deleted a classless response to this troll.

You'll never get the name of this school. In naming the school, it would be too easy to verify the accuracy or inaccuracy of the OP.
Read his earlier posts. I think it's Pattar's burner account.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Read his earlier posts. I think it's Pattar's burner account.
From Pattar:

"Tell JayW to change his FL boxers.. the funk is clouding his thinking."

And anyone who knows Pattar knows how hard he is on his daughter. He doesn't brag about her.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
From Pattar:

"Tell JayW to change his FL boxers.. the funk is clouding his thinking."

And anyone who knows Pattar knows how hard he is on his daughter. He doesn't brag about her.
That's why it's a perfect cover. Pattar can argue with himself since everybody else has tired of him. BTW, I told ya'll before the season exactly how good Florida was going to be despite a preseason #23 ranking. This year, they win it all. Oklahoma can buy Canady and it still won't matter.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tiffanym