These recruitment options-

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2023
This is a player just finished senior year high school. Player who has been on A teams since she was a young child.
She for many months involved with conversations directly with coaching staff of colleges.

Basically the D1 colleges coaches she said are in a place still yet to be formally decided. LOL the teenager said something like they sound like they don't know what they're doing. Listening to her frustration it's from the college coaches yada yada, waiting for portal, waiting for returning player or not. She interpreted, while she may be part of their decision thought process, obviously there are other players that are more important. So she is in a line and that's what it felt like. For months on that line.

Instead of limiting her other options, by waiting in the d1 line, she kept her mindset seeking opportunity wherever the door may open and this happened...

Out of the blue a D2 college contacted her expressing extreme interest and offer her a campus visit

When she met and spoke with the D2 college
she said it was the first time she actually talked to a college that showed an enthusiasm about her and her potentials to help their program. They had the entire offer put together to show her which is 95% everything covered. Were able to tell her we would like you to be on our roster and see you as an immediate asset in our middle infield.

After going through all the years of travel and then the multiple years of showcasing and then the two years of being able to speak with colleges and those conversations pretty much seeming like dead ends, string alongs, that when the heck am I going to get opportunity frustration.
Wait on d1,
wait on d1,
( hmmm that waiting list is burning people out! Or turning people out rather!)

Of all those months, back and forth with several of the same colleges, here came
one new phone call!
A college with a coaching staff who had clear decision in mind.

Along with this opportunity, the college has brand new indoor training facilty and the coaching staff personable.

She is not the only a player who is being swept off their feet by colleges (other than d1) who have clear decisions in mind!

*yes her academic major played a role in any college option she was taking a look at.
My grandaughter is going through the exact same thing. After all the waiting, speaking with D1 coaches etc., a D2 and several D3 contacted her. At the D2 level, about 80% would be paid. At one D3, she will be given in state tuition plus a full paid academic scholarship and money towards room and board. She will most likely receive a grant covering all but about 2k a year in room and board. Also, she will be permitted to take free classes towards her minor. Because she is graduating high school with her associate degree, she can get her master degree at this D3 program in 4 years, study abroad and take part in internships. My granddaughter is a student first. She wants absolutely no debt. The coaches at these other schools want her. They are enthusiastic about her. She felt very welcomed. They definitely have clear decisions and plans in mind. They will even give her a 15.00 an hour job about 12 hours a week that literally takes only 15 minutes to do out of each hour.

Sep 10, 2023
Would it not be clear as a 2024 if you didn’t have some offers in hand by fall of your senior year that you should broadening your options to other levels than D1 and certainly after the fall season? I guess I’m confused about the post…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By fall of senior year, yes absolutely you should broaden your options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968