USSSA All American Games Review

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

inumpire

Observer, but has an opinion
Oct 31, 2014
Yup.

I think it was $150 or so to try out and then another $175 or so to participate.

Then spectators need to pay $10 a day to get into the complex, and they make $$ from the stay to play aspect. Money grabbed at every turn.

Your last statement is correct. The vast majority of parents in attendance were unaware that they were watching lower level play and genuinely believed it was national level.
Here is another example of a money grab…..

1691445911297.jpeg

May 17, 2023

How did it go? I didn't even know about the tryout until after, but some of DD teammates did and made it.

Was strange though because probably the two top 12u pitchers from here both made it to second tryout but didn't make the team. Then several other much weaker pitchers/players did make the team. So no clue what selections were based on.

Jun 8, 2016
How did it go? I didn't even know about the tryout until after, but some of DD teammates did and made it.

Was strange though because probably the two top 12u pitchers from here both made it to second tryout but didn't make the team. Then several other much weaker pitchers/players did make the team. So no clue what selections were based on.

Did the kids chosen have any affiliation with the team coaches...

Team from TX and team Southeast were in the finals. It ended up being cancelled in the 4th inning or so due to weather so they declared co-champions.

Last edited:
May 17, 2023
Did the kids chosen have any affiliation with the team coaches...

Team from TX and team Southeast were in the finals. It ended up being cancelled in the 4th inning or so due to weather so they declared co-champions.

Are you suggesting that might have influenced the decision? :ROFLMAO:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles