Physical Fitness Test

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You might be confident but you are wrong.

It is a very good time for a girl but lots of baseball players can run that.
Baloney. The world record for college female runners in the mile is 4:24. And 15 pull-ups are absurd for most females without some assistance. I think you're exaggerating a lot here. Even at my most fit, I was 6'2", 186 lbs, and doing P90X six days a week, which has a huge pull-up component; 15 was a stretch for me. And I had much more upper body strength than any female I knew who wasn't juicing.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
She had zero career stolen base attempts. That is just the complete opposite type of athlete that my daughter's school recruits. They look for speed, speed, speed to go along with strength and toughness. They want the best hitter showcasing as the best true athlete. If you are aren't running, you aren't playing. There are hundreds of D1 programs and there are a lot of different spices of types of play.

No way would your daughter's attitude fly at this school. Just not the culture.

It was actually you who began this thread not differentiating between high school and college fitness tests while poking fun at a mile run standard put in place by a coach.
So, she was not an athlete since she didn't have speed. ROFLMAO! You don't know anything about her attitude. The quote I provided was a joke she used to say when she hit a home run. She hit 50 of them but you know that since you went to look up her stats.

The young lady who could not run the mile in 7 or under broke the state home run record. Thus my comment about the team laughing about her "7 minute mile." She couldn't get close to that. In your opinion larger girls are not athletes.

Keep us posted on your dd's career. Provide video of her. After all, she's an athlete. I look forward to following her career.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Santa,
Can you please just tell us which top 15 team your DD plays for that every player can run six minutes miles?
My DD has a six minute mile term shirt she earned in 7th grade. I had her wear it when trying out for teams. I thought it made a statement.

Nov 19, 2020
Santa,
Can you please just tell us which top 15 team your DD plays for that every player can run six minutes miles?
My DD has a six minute mile term shirt she earned in 7th grade. I had her wear it when trying out for teams. I thought it made a statement.
The level of disrespect here is disgusting. Daddy Ball grossness in full bloom... to the point that the Dads think they are (were decades ago) in better shape than today's girls. Ridiculous the arrogance.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
The level of disrespect here is disgusting. Daddy Ball grossness in full bloom... to the point that the Dads think they are (were decades ago) in better shape than today's girls. Ridiculous the arrogance.
Or maybe you're just full of crap or a troll, or maybe both.

Oh, I got it. You're a stand-up philosopher.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Now you make a post like a troll. You are the arrogant one wanting to brag about your dd's fitness at the expense of other poster's daughters. Attacking my daughter's attitude and ability showed your agenda.

I have put video and have shown my dd's career on this site. Step up now.

Nov 19, 2020
I have put video and have shown my dd's career on this site.
Ad nauseam. You just don't get it. Keep recycling the same stories and living in the past telling people how great the Tritons were.

I was bragging about my daughter? No, I was asking about info on other schools that have fitness tests because we are worried that she is not at the top of the food chain. But she can definitely hit, throw, and run -- play softball at an All-American level. I stated that at her school the coach only recruits pure athletes. They have no chubs or slugger-only type of girls which are prevalent in the game. They want to model playing fast with elite athleticism but also won plenty of big games on walk-off HRs this year. You shared her go-to line that she doesn't run...and it was 100% backed up by the fact that she never even attempted a stolen base despite that HOF career. To which I pointed out that there are many different types of programs and ways to recruit...and win.

When I shared specific metrics--only after being asked-- I was called a liar by guys who weren't that strong when they were in college. Or whose high school daughters cannot match what these 20+ year olds are pushing out. It is like saying that kids in high school can't run the 400m in under 50 seconds or 48 or 45 because they never did. Umm, yes. Kids get bigger, faster, stronger every year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968