How do you know it's the right glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 5, 2024
It's time for the better glove and the need for 2 gloves. She's 4th year travel ball and high school ball on horizon and wants to play beyond. Currently playing SS and OF pretty evenly this year, before primarily MIF using 12in Rawlings GG.

I'm willing to buy 2 gloves and she can't make decision because "How'd do you know the glove is going to be right for you when it's not broken in? Squeeze ability thumb finger is so stiff." Also struggling with idea of going to a 11.75.

So experts please way in. She's been looking at Wilson A2000s for infield. Looking for suggestions for less expensive outfield models. Thanks!

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
It's time for the better glove and the need for 2 gloves. She's 4th year travel ball and high school ball on horizon and wants to play beyond. Currently playing SS and OF pretty evenly this year, before primarily MIF using 12in Rawlings GG.

I'm willing to buy 2 gloves and she can't make decision because "How'd do you know the glove is going to be right for you when it's not broken in? Squeeze ability thumb finger is so stiff." Also struggling with idea of going to a 11.75.

So experts please way in. She's been looking at Wilson A2000s for infield. Looking for suggestions for less expensive outfield models. Thanks!
DD got her A2000's (If/Catcher's mitt) soph year of HS. Well worth the money. Used them through college. Although, the rats or some other vermin at up her catcher's mitt and glove the winter before her season. I was able to get the IF glove re-stitched but there was no hope for the mitt. Thanks to @erniekru who donated another A2000 she was able to finish her Sr season without me having to buy another.

ETA: I believe any glove will form around your DD's fingers. She would never let me put my hands in the glove unless I was cleaning/conditioning them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amc2221