Low cost glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 25, 2021
I have been on the forums for a while, a long-time lurker. I am looking for a glove for my 11-year-old daughter. She is 5'6" and 130lbs a big girl. She mainly pitches and plays first base. Sounds a lot like another post huh? We cannot afford two gloves. We had her bag stolen about a month ago, she had just gotten her first brand-new one having had hand-me-downs from her cousin prior to that. We are fine for bats since she can use some of the other players on her team but the Wilson A360 we picked up at Dick's is not cutting it. I have checked sites such as Sidelineswap for used stuff but it is normally so worn out, or expensive, and I cannot afford to waste money on something unusable since I have already done that with the crappy one we got so she could keep playing. Right now she is no longer allowed to play anything but pitcher until we get her glove situation sorted out since she keeps dropping a lot of balls she normally wouldn't.

After all that we are just trying to find a decent used glove or something affordable so she can finish the season and keep practicing.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
So, it sounds like you want something she can use as a pitcher and other positions. As a pitcher, having a closed web pattern is helpful so she can hide the ball. Since she's playing first base, too, you probably want a 12.5-inch glove.

Rawlings makes the Liberty Advanced and the R9 series, which are lower-cost and affordable. The LA is the better of the two gloves, so if it's in your budget to spend a few extra bucks, go that route. Wilson makes the A1000 glove in a 12.5 size, and that's not a bad entry-level glove, either.

Easton just came out with the Ghost NX glove in a similar price range to the aforementioned gloves, so you might want to look in that direction, too.

I can help you with all of the glove needs you have and even get you a price you will be happy with.

Feel free to contact me.

John
SPC Sports
631-942-3516

Oct 16, 2019
Mizuno has a good glove in the $60 range - Prospect Select -my middle DD is on her second one and my youngest DD has her first one - easy break in and at that age I don't think you need a glove specifically for First Base. But any of the gloves mentioned above will probably last longer.

May 25, 2021
Mizuno has a good glove in the $60 range - Prospect Select -my middle DD is on her second one and my youngest DD has her first one - easy break in and at that age I don't think you need a glove specifically for First Base. But any of the gloves mentioned above will probably last longer.
She plays 14u and these girls got some arms on them.

May 25, 2021
Easton just came out with the Ghost NX glove in a similar price range to the aforementioned gloves, so you might want to look in that direction, too.
She had the Easton Ghost NX Series 13", think we paid like $125 or something for it. She got it for Christmas this year. That is the glove we are trying to replace, she can keep pitching with her crappy glove but it is not cutting it at first.

May 25, 2021
Just get her something Horween, seems like she's gonna be a big girl, plus it won't seem so expensive when you're buying her her third cheap glove three consecutive years in a row!
She had two nice gloves I just cannot afford to replace them both. She had both her sports glasses and regular glasses in her bag as well as turf shoes and cleats. Not to mention her pair of bats as well. Teaching is not the most lucrative of jobs so have to get her what I can afford. Not trying to sound rude lol. I wish I could just go grab her what she needs but unfortunately, I cannot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812