Have they changed the rules on rolling bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
This really will be my last post on this. Eric, I know that most of the parents here have not seen a player hit in the face and yet some have. To have my dd get hit like that and drop. It almost makes your heart stop. She hit the ground so fast. Some of you might remember, I posted a link to it on this site from a local newspaper that had it videoed. All I wanted as I ran out to her was that she was not dead.

I know better than enter these types of topics. Someone will say that the bat could not be hotter than a normal bat. Others will make other points. OK so have some bats rolled and give them to your opponents while your child is pitching. It should not matter at all to you.

I remember your story from before. My heart hurts just thinking about the possibility of that happening to my DD or one of her teammates.

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
CB, that scenario scares the crap out of me. My DD took one off the top of her mask and her head. If she didn't duck, it would have hit her in the face but with the mask. She suffered a mild concussion and I don't even want to think about it without the mask. I haven't been around long enough to hear you're story and I'm sorry you went through it. I hate cheaters too. We all want what is best for our kids but some parents don't know what that actually means. I may not be the smartest guy but I believe in integrity.

ms....seriously man. Let RockeTechs go. You'll sleep better lol.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
To prevent myself from making too many enemies on this site, I wish for all of you ____ ___ ___s that want to cheat and roll bats the same thing for your child that happened to mine from a ______ that hit a line drive which hit her square in the face. The parents bragged so much to her team's parents and then my dd went down. As I have reported here before, the dad grabbed the bat, sprinted for the car and was gone. Since I have so many friends of players on that team, they ran over to me to tell me about the bat and that he was running with the bat.

To answer the other question, any umpire that thinks any equipment is altered and dangerous can have it confiscated and/or thrown out. Many of your conferences have protocol at the HS level for those bats to be turned in and tested should some umpire have it confiscated. For my dd, everyone was rushing to her and so, the ___hole dad got to grab and run.

I'll leave this thread now since the last time this topic came up, I showed my ____ by getting really angry.

Cheating is cheating. Go ahead and justify it anyway you want. It is against the rules. ______ _________- ______ _____

Like you, my DD took one on the chin this past year. The last thing I was thinking about at the moment was the bat. It sounded like a 357 magnum when it hit her. I just knew her jaw was broken. The batter was a UT signee that DD played with and against since they were little. I don't know who cried more that night, me or the batter. :) It is a VERY scary experience!!

9dcf35b709727d14768b4fae7c36aa6f_zps7975ef5f.jpg
[/IMG]

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
GD, I had started to look for the pic of your dd and then thought that it was not my place to post or link to it. I remember how scared you were and then glad that she was alright. Of course "alright" is relative in that she was hurting for a while. I wish I could find the video to my dd. The link to her video was taken down by the newspaper at the request of the other family. I wish I knew if someone else copied it.

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
GD, I had started to look for the pic of your dd and then thought that it was not my place to post or link to it. I remember how scared you were and then glad that she was alright. Of course "alright" is relative in that she was hurting for a while. I wish I could find the video to my dd. The link to her video was taken down by the newspaper at the request of the other family. I wish I knew if someone else copied it.

You're always welcome to link anything I post. As long as you consider using that sick day when we come in your neck of the woods. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Rolled and shaved are completely different and provide way different results. Both are illegal, but to lump rolling and shaving in the same category is like saying a Corvette and Spark are the same because they are Chevys.

Nov 14, 2011
To prevent myself from making too many enemies on this site, I wish for all of you ____ ___ ___s that want to cheat and roll bats the same thing for your child that happened to mine from a ______ that hit a line drive which hit her square in the face. The parents bragged so much to her team's parents and then my dd went down. As I have reported here before, the dad grabbed the bat, sprinted for the car and was gone. Since I have so many friends of players on that team, they ran over to me to tell me about the bat and that he was running with the bat.

To answer the other question, any umpire that thinks any equipment is altered and dangerous can have it confiscated and/or thrown out. Many of your conferences have protocol at the HS level for those bats to be turned in and tested should some umpire have it confiscated. For my dd, everyone was rushing to her and so, the ___hole dad got to grab and run.

I'll leave this thread now since the last time this topic came up, I showed my ____ by getting really angry.

Cheating is cheating. Go ahead and justify it anyway you want. It is against the rules. ______ _________- ______ _____

Who is advocating that they are wanting to cheat? I think the subject has been civil and polite so far. The question was if bat rolling was illegal or not. Nobody is advocating that everyone run out and have their bat rolled. While I understand that you are sensitive about this subject for obvious reasons, but to insinuate that we are cheating by the mere discussion of bat rolling is a little over the top.

Did you determine if the bat used during your daughter's game was illegal, or are you just assuming that because the parent took it from the game?

Nov 14, 2011
ms....seriously man. Let RockeTechs go. You'll sleep better lol.

I don't have a problem with sleep or posting my opinion on my softball experiences. :cool:

I wish I would have taken a picture of the RT that was severely mangled, not that a photo would change anyone's mind here. LOL

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
If the guy was bragging about it then takes off running with it I believe we are beyond assumption.

A picture wouldn't change my mind for the simple fact that I have flattened a bat before. It was a Louisville slugger tpx. Those were all the rage when I was a ball player back in the days. It performed like a champ until I beat it into submission. It was a hard sell getting my parents to get me another as they were expensive. I think back to those days now and laugh at all the money I've spent on bats alone int the last 6 months. My younger daughter wants a DeMarini cf6. It never ends...

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Does anyone have access to the equipment used to performance test bats? I would LOVE for someone to get a couple of marquee name bats, test them right out of the wrapper, then have them rolled, and retested to see if there is any performance improvement. I would guess any improvement would be minimal, and you are probably (not sure how to test this) shortening the life of the bat.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle