Have they changed the rules on rolling bats?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Does anyone have access to the equipment used to performance test bats? I would LOVE for someone to get a couple of marquee name bats, test them right out of the wrapper, then have them rolled, and retested to see if there is any performance improvement. I would guess any improvement would be minimal, and you are probably (not sure how to test this) shortening the life of the bat.

I have readily available usssa compression testers that I have used many times

Slappers

Don't like labels
Sep 13, 2013
Dumfries, VA
True, but that doesn't make the bat illegal. The parent admitting the bat was rolled makes it illegal.

We played a tournament where one of our players hit a pitcher on her lower leg. The ump confiscated her bat. Was the bat illegal? Nope. It was 1 week old Rocketech, totally stock. For the umpire to take the players only bat based on suspicion is wrong in my opinion. If we took away every bat that hit the ball hard then the umpires would have more bats then the teams playing...... It is only an illegal bat when a player gets hit?

I totally agree with you 100%...never thought I would say that :p. As terrible as it is for someone to get hurt, I stand by what I said that if the bat passes field testing then it is just an unfortunate incident.

As far as the parent for in Cannonballs situation, running away with the bat does not make the bat illegal but ups the chances by 100% and is 10000000% a D_CK move.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Care to share your results - any chance you have tested a new bat, then had it rolled and retested? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Sent you a PM

What I will do...it wont be today or next week, but once I acquire a NIW bat that I don't mind rolling, I will do a test of it brand new...then after rolling. And maybe do it again and test...haha

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2011
I totally agree with you 100%...never thought I would say that :p. As terrible as it is for someone to get hurt, I stand by what I said that if the bat passes field testing then it is just an unfortunate incident.

As far as the parent for in Cannonballs situation, running away with the bat does not make the bat illegal but ups the chances by 100% and is 10000000% a D_CK move.

Now I agree with you 100%! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle