Team bats

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 3, 2021
Back when I played men’s league utrip there were team bats. Bat looked like the latest model but was the equal to a shaved end loaded bat. Swung a couple and they were favorable to say the least.

Watching the college WS makes me wonder if it’s the same deal? Played with a guy who tested men’s league slow pitch bats for Easton. Handed me bats to try and they were never bad. High turn over and never let me buy one.

So whats the word on the street? I’m hoping they have standards that keep it to a minimum and better nonexistent.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Various manufacturers such as Rawlings, Easton, Mizuno, Wilson (owns both Demarini and Louisville Slugger) etc. will sponsor different college teams. These teams will get X number of each model of bat, helmets, gloves etc. each year. Some players may get a new model of bat each year but a majority of them will keep the same bat until it fails. The bats themselves will be compression tested at various times, sites and before tournaments throughout the year to make sure their exit speeds do not exceed the maximum allowable by the NCAA rules/standards. If a bat fails the compression test, it is removed from play. The penalties of using a bat that was removed from play are very severe so many college coaches will usually dispose of the bat immediately to remove the temptation. If a certain model fails more than several times, it may be removed from the NCAA approved bat list.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma