Gorilla Gold

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
You obviously care more about your kid winning some amateur softball game than I do. I am really only concerned that a) she has fun and b) she does well. It is her job (and her coaches) to care about her team winning, not mine. It she hits two bombs and makes 3 great plays and they lose I am fine with it and would be happier then if she sucked and they won..I honestly wouldn't care if the 14U team she is playing in the Championship game of Sparkler subs in Jocelyn Alo and Jordie Bahl under the guise of them being 9th graders..Obviously the team winning and her being happy are connected so yeah I would rather they win..but not enough to interfere in the game in any way.

I know some of you think you are part of the team (hence the constant we crap when referring to your DD's team) but you aren't..
The one thing I will disagree with you on is being concerned about winning for my daughters. Yes, I want them to play well, which is the most important part of the game, but losing gets old really fast and can cause a girl to lose interest in playing. Maybe it is more exaggerated for a pitcher, but it stinks to pitch your butt off and get zero help behind you.

That being said, I would rather my daughters lose with dignity than win by cheating.

Jul 19, 2021
That's interesting. Would you point out an illegal bat? Would you point out batting out of order?
Heck no. Not my job as a fan. I'm there to watch and support, not play umpire or coach. Especially during meaningless tournament games. If we're playing for the Olympic Gold Medal? Maybe. Otherwise, don't care.

Jul 19, 2021
In the process of herding cats, otherwise known as "coaching softball", Coaches cannot see everything. The information was shared discretely in between innings. It was well received. And after another 1.5 innings, the coach eventually decided to act on that info.

This was High School division, in one of the largest tournaments in the country, A++ teams, in the rain. The other team knew exactly what they were doing.

I think I handled it perfectly. :cool:
It's amazing that you think you handled it perfectly but it does sum up what is wrong with youth sports these days.

Jun 8, 2016
Wait, "fun" is code for winning? LOL
I covered this in the response you ignored because you had no retort. Try to follow along.

If you want to be part of a team go tryout for the local beer league slowpitch team..

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
This one?
No this one
Obviously the team winning and her being happy are connected so yeah I would rather they win..but not enough to interfere in the game in any way.

Again, try and follow along. It's not that hard. Do what you want. I am (obviously) just giving my opinion (which is also all I was doing when you went all Sigmund Freud on me..)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drid