Gorilla Gold

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
While not about powdered rosin or rosin bags, even the NFHS “letter” I cited earlier supports the rule and the position that the hand cannot have a tacky substance on it. The drying agent should be used to dry the hand. Any residue must be wiped off before touching the ball.

A legal substance or piece of equipment cannot be used in an illegal manner. That is what I am saying.

Check out all the ejections in MLB over the last two seasons over “powdered rosin.”

Oct 4, 2018
True powdered rosin will not "poof" once it is raining and will start to clump. My DD uses 100% powder rosin(not he crap you get at dicks) and with high Florida humidity and an occasional shower it will clump and feel like rock rosin in short order and some umps have tried to say it is rock rosin. She always has the bag it comes in but also has a backup unopened just in case. Had a gorilla gold also but the dog ate it so waiting on a new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, my DD uses the cheapest rosin bag I can find on amazon. It's pretty small. It doesn't "poof" at all. *shrug*

Oct 4, 2018
I was online looking for something else and stumbled across this. Here is the NFHS's statement on Gorilla Gold from the 4/17/23 "Case situations and notes"

3/17 GORILLA GOLD FOR SOFTBALL PITCHERS

Softball

“We have determined that this product meets the specification in the rules,“ Theresia Wynns, Director of Sports and Officials Education for NFHS said. “The GG towel may be kept in the pocket. The pitching hand needs to be wiped off before taking the ball from the glove,” she added.

Yeah, we watched an ump tell a pitcher and coach that she could use the towel, but had to wipe her hand off after. So she's double wiping I guess.

May 29, 2015
Yeah, we watched an ump tell a pitcher and coach that she could use the towel, but had to wipe her hand off after. So she's double wiping I guess.

Wipe on, wipe off …

kid-in-tolet-baby-on-head.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45