glove recommendation - mainly pitcher, 3B & 1B when infield

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2021
She wears her glove traditional, but we hadn’t heard of TIP until I read about it in this group a few months ago or so. She tried the Rawlings TIP but said it was too tight. She asked for tan or brown glove that smells like leather. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
So traditional and 3 to 4 spots in the infield?

I like the idea of a dedicated 1B mitt, or at least a larger glove for there. But not necessarily at her age now.

Couple of options, a Vinci BV1929, it’s about as good a utility glove size / pattern as any glove out there!

Next, and this is a more expensive next, go to the Rawlings custom builder and mock her up a custom 12” NP6 baseball glove with a narrow wrist opening. Your choice of web, colors, stitching, welting, etc. blah blah blah.

Play with it in the builder, figure it out and get in touch with @LEsoftballdad here and let him discount it and get you a custom ordered.

For any help on the builder, I’ll be glad to walk you through it.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You don't think 12.25" would work better for P,3B and 1B? I agree if she doesn't play 1B much at all 12" would be better.
My custom NP6 actually plays closer to 12.25" than 12".

Most all Rawlings actually play smaller / shorter than their listed size, the NP pattern is the exception, it plays right on it's listed size number and sometimes larger.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
You don't think 12.25" would work better for P,3B and 1B? I agree if she doesn't play 1B much at all 12" would be better.
If you or me were thrown into those spots, as in right now :oops:, absolutely!!

A RV23, Pro207, ProKB17, a NP7.....those would be much more better choices for us!

***Actually, if I were to get back into playing, I'd choose a 12.5" Pro208 or Pro504, both excellent adult men's softball infield patterns!

Jun 8, 2016
My custom NP6 actually plays closer to 12.25" than 12".

Most all Rawlings actually play smaller / shorter than their listed size, the NP pattern is the exception, it plays right on it's listed size number and sometimes larger.
Right, I should have said 12.25" NP pattern (NP7). I guess the question I have is a glove that plays 12.25" big enough for 1B in softball? I think you could probably get away with a glove that plays 12.5" for 3B and it would be fine for P as well.

Edit: Looking at your second response I guess your worry is if she could handle a NP7 weight wise. Fair enough.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA