Rawlings Liberty Advanced Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I personally am not a fan of the Heart of the Hide glove.
Why is that? Too stiff to start with?

As I've said before, today's HOH's are nothing compared to the older USA built HOH's Bob Clevenhagen pumped out of the St. Louis Custom Shop back in the day! Those took a year to break in.....I think today's Horween exclusives are probably equal to the older HOH's in terms of new stiffness!

Feb 1, 2021
An I-web will never get deeper than a basket web, just the nature of those two webs! I-web gloves are designed shallower / flatter for a reason!
Alright, alright. I put in parentheses that it was just my experience, but DDs experience doesn't follow that theory. Again, one is a 13" glove that is meant to have a large deep pocket and the I-web has stretched as it has aged. Whether that a flaw or by design, I can't say. The other is a 12" glove, that is meant to have a shallow pocket and a firmer webbing. Maybe we can just chalk it up to Rawlings knowing what they are doing.

I should ask you why you prefer an HOH glove. I don't hate HOH, I just don't prefer them. I don't have any illusions that DD will use a glove for years. I don't have to beat it to break it in. I don't have to worry about the strings stretching or breaking over time because we replace both of them every year, and I also don't have that period of time where the glove performance changes over time and it breaks in.

It doesn't bother me to buy new Liberty Advance gloves every year. That way I know they are fresh and predictable every game. If others have other preferences, I'm perfectly ok with that.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I should ask you why you prefer an HOH glove.
I've always considered both the HOH, and A2000 baseball gloves a really good value. They're the hard working, other side of the tracks, tough baseball gloves that you get your monies worth out of! And this same mindset absolutely does NOT apply to their softball gloves, to me anyway!

In your post, everything you wrote with you and your DD's glove experiences, I can't argue with one point that works for you and her, glad you two have it figured out and you guys know what works for you, that's the way it should be!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brookeshaelee