3rd base glove

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Wilson 1787 has gotta be up there. DD has done it all with one. P, OF, 1B, 3B. 12u I think it makes alot of sense as a utility glove. Maybe need more gloves when they are able to handle bigger ones the same way they handle smaller ones.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My 12U DD is using a Rawlings Liberty Advanced RLA207SB-6W 12.25. While she really likes the pattern, she’s always fighting with the wrist pull strap.

I am considering this glove and would like some input. Will this work with a 12 inch ball? If no, can you provide some suggestions in this price range?

Hey Jay, take a look at an old favorite here, a Vinci BV1929-L. It’s listed at 12.5” but plays like a 12.25” utility glove, a ton of girls here have used this model!

Go to Vinci and get signed up for their emails and sales notifications. The BV1929 comes with a basket web, but there has been some hybrid / customs out there with an H-web.

Oct 1, 2014
USA
Hey Jay, take a look at an old favorite here, a Vinci BV1929-L. It’s listed at 12.5” but plays like a 12.25” utility glove, a ton of girls here have used this model!

Go to Vinci and get signed up for their emails and sales notifications. The BV1929 comes with a basket web, but there has been some hybrid / customs out there with an H-web.

Absolutely agree, both DD's have gotten their money's worth out of the Vinci BV1929-L. One of them (primarily C but used to play a lot of 3B) still has and uses regularly her Hybrid version of this glove. Her twin had the regular version (with web) first and used it everywhere on the field (this was when they were 12 but playing up). The old Vinci rep (Drakemir) did us a solid after working with me to get the H-pattern Hybrid of the glove and sent us the Optimus version...thing was a brick and still holding up well.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Absolutely agree, both DD's have gotten their money's worth out of the Vinci BV1929-L. One of them (primarily C but used to play a lot of 3B) still has and uses regularly her Hybrid version of this glove. Her twin had the regular version (with web) first and used it everywhere on the field (this was when they were 12 but playing up). The old Vinci rep (Drakemir) did us a solid after working with me to get the H-pattern Hybrid of the glove and sent us the Optimus version...thing was a brick and still holding up well.
You know I never mince words, I’m not the biggest fan of Vinci gloves anymore after early on being a huge fan.

But I think the BV1929 model / pattern sounds exactly what the OP’s daughter needs to cover multiple positions.

Knowing me I’d rip the laces out within minutes of opening the box, or at least re-lace the web, spiral, and fingertips in some Glovesmith tan lace. 😉

Oct 19, 2017
We ended up purchasing this Rawlings PRO205 from Ballgloves.com. Now I need to figure out if we will break it in by ourselves or send it to Glove Breaker. My preference was a PRO206 or PRO1000 but those were not available in Black, which she prefers.

IMG_4453.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4537.jpeg
    IMG_4537.jpeg
    516.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4538.jpeg
    IMG_4538.jpeg
    528.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4539.jpeg
    IMG_4539.jpeg
    515.6 KB · Views: 14
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Beautiful glove, fantastic pattern! Let’s see a pic with a 12” ball in the pocket.

Break it in yourself, break it in dry, no chemicals or conditioner, yet. Lots (LOTS) of catch! Think you told me she uses her glove TIP, get a 5lb. dumbbell and pound / set the pinky and thumb hinge break points at the heel.

And have her really focus on squeezing the glove tight around the ball with each catch.

Jun 8, 2016
Unless Nolan Ryan lives next door, if you want it ready before next spring you will have to pound on it with a dumbbell like @ANNASDAD said along with playing lots of catch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad