Rawlings Liberty Advanced Advice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 20, 2017
Well its getting time again, and looking for experiences and opinions. First the back ground

09 travelball player, mainly pitcher but also plays where they need her, mostly 3rd sometimes first and occasionally left... lol At a young 12 years old shes pretty average size, athletic build, not the tallest kid on the team but maybe top 3 and right handed. She has been playing Bradley baseball gloves for about the last 3 and a half years and truly loves them, but they are custom tailored to small hands and her for her next they just might be to small around the hand. Shame! She makes plays and is not passive when a ball is hit in her direction, does not like velcro and has found the most comfort with an H-web. I hate to admit it but there is no denying the fact that she makes most of her plays one handed, so the deeper pocket suits her but hey shes a pitcher so what are u gonna do.

We were looking at a 12 inch Liberty advanced custom, the model she likes was the 716SB, mainly because no velcro. And she is thinking a basket style web to help hide her grips, IDK if they really read her grips but the kids are getting pretty dang good at this level, so I wouldnt put it past them

My questions
Is anyone familiar with this particular model?

As far as a basket style they have a few, do any of them play deep?

Should we consider a 12.5 inch model over the 12, shes been in a smallish 12.5 for a while and likes a smaller glove A few kids n the squad have 12.5 liberty's and they are bigger than her 12.5 Bradley

Are these gloves light? Her Bradley is a light glove no doubt and I would hate to change her leverage to much, her style of pitching she really uses the glove hand as a counter weight

Thank you guys all up front especially Annasdad.. LOL He always involved in glove discussions and I am following the ongoing discussion about the HOH so I kinda know how he feels, But this wont be her last glove and I dont want something that wont be game ready for 6 months.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Well its getting time again, and looking for experiences and opinions. First the back ground

09 travelball player, mainly pitcher but also plays where they need her, mostly 3rd sometimes first and occasionally left... lol At a young 12 years old shes pretty average size, athletic build, not the tallest kid on the team but maybe top 3 and right handed. She has been playing Bradley baseball gloves for about the last 3 and a half years and truely loves them, but they are custom taylored to small hands and her for her next they just might be to small around the hand. Shame! She makes plays and is not passive when a ball is hit in her direction, does not like velcrow and has found the most comfort with an H-web. I hate to admit it but there is no denying the fact that she makes most of her plays one handed, so the deeper pocket suits her but hey shes a pitcher so what are u gonna do.

We were looking at a 12 inch Liberty advanced custom, the model she likes was the 716SB, mainly because no velcrow. And she is thinking a basket style web to help hide her grips, IDK if they really read her grips but the kids are getting pretty dang good at this level, so I wouldnt put it past them

My questions
is anyone familiar with this particular model?
As far as a basket style they have a few, do any of them play deep?
Should we consider a 12.5 inch model over the 12, shes been in a smallish 12 for a while and likes a smaller glove
Are these gloves light? her Bradley is a light glove nodoubt and I would hate to change her leverage to much, her style of pitching she really uses the glove hand as a counter weight

Thank you guys all up front especially Annasdad.. LOL He always seems to know alot about all the gloves on the market.
Personally, I like a 12” glove for a girl in this age bracket, a 12.5” can just be too unwieldy, but that really depends on the girl! Problem is the 12“ isn’t the best option for 1B and outfield.

Since you’re thinking about a custom, and she doesn’t like velcro (smart girl), take a look at some 12” baseball gloves on the builder.

The Pro206, the Pro316, and the NP6. You might see something you like?

Sep 20, 2017
@ANNASDAD So I noticed in the baseball builders you can select 3 fits which is awesome... But cant change the label colors lol shes still a girl. I have heard you mention the NP6 so believe its a great glove Its one of the Gamer XLE's correct? The Pro206 and 316 are those in the pro preferred class, if so those might not be in the budget yet? Dues, batting and pitching lessons all ready have me working Saterdays... lol but hey if she loves it, I'm gonna give her the tools and hope some boyfriend doesnt come along at 16 and mess it up for me. I love our Sundays together...

Feb 1, 2021
You have a lot in your post but here is my (and only my) experience. DD plays infield. She's 18 and I would consider her small-handed.

She uses the Liberty Advanced 12" for all the positions but first. She uses the 13" for first base because she hates the typical first baseman glove. She says the 12" is much lighter than the 13", but the 13" I would consider a deep pocket. The 12" does not have a deep pocket and that's by design.

I personally am not a fan of the Heart of the Hide glove. When we need a new glove, we go buy another Liberty Advanced and within 1 practice, it's game-ready.

Feb 1, 2021
If you are asking me, DDs 12 is a basket weave, and her 13 is an i-web.

A basket weave can obviously hide the ball better. A basket weave keeps its shape better which is desirable if you want a small glove for the purposes of getting the ball out of it quickly. That said, a basket weave on a same-sized glove would be a little heavier than an I-web. However, an I-web pocket gets deeper as it ages.

You get pluses and minuses with each style.

You have a lot in your post but here is my (and only my) experience. DD plays infield. She's 18 and I would consider her small-handed.

She uses the Liberty Advanced 12" for all the positions but first. She uses the 13" for first base because she hates the typical first baseman glove. She says the 12" is much lighter than the 13", but the 13" I would consider a deep pocket. The 12" does not have a deep pocket and that's by design.

I personally am not a fan of the Heart of the Hide glove. When we need a new glove, we go buy another Liberty Advanced and within 1 practice, it's game-ready.

My DD's Pro206 HoH took no time at all to be game ready. I mean I literally beat on it during one of the presidential debates and by the time it was over it was game ready! :LOL:

Sep 19, 2018
My gamer was a HOH PRO1005 12'' fastback with a basket web. I think it is still getting deeper sitting on the shelf. I don't know if the LA will break in like my HOH, but it was a very deep 12''.

Feb 1, 2021
My DD's Pro206 HoH took no time at all to be game ready. I mean I literally beat on it during one of the presidential debates and by the time it was over it was game ready! :LOL:
Nothing would make me want to repeatedly beat an old piece of leather more than a presidential debate so maybe you are on to something. :ROFLMAO:

In reality though, neither interest me all that much.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coach101