Girls quitting (2016's)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
JAD, I don't know how they filmed me caddying for that guy but ...

At one point, the rain was kind of like that but it didn't last long. We play in rain as long as it isn't a downpour for long.

I know of a young lady who was not that talented in HS but did find a college team to play on. I just checked the roster and she is no longer listed. I have no idea why but that program is terrible with a capital T. I can't imagine playing on a team that bad and why would anyone want to do so. Last year, there was a team in the Midwest that several schools beat up on badly. I think that they won 3 games. How much fun was that. I looked out the conference my dd played in and many teams padded their stats playing that team.

Nov 29, 2009
Last year, there was a team in the Midwest that several schools beat up on badly. I think that they won 3 games. How much fun was that. I looked out the conference my dd played in and many teams padded their stats playing that team.

Sounds like you're talking about UWP. The program has really taken a fall over the last few years. The old coach could not recruit at all. The new coach has his hands full trying to rebuild it. It's going to take him some time. I hope the school is patient.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Sounds like you're talking about UWP. The program has really taken a fall over the last few years. The old coach could not recruit at all. The new coach has his hands full trying to rebuild it. It's going to take him some time. I hope the school is patient.

Actually, no I wasn't talking about UWP. The team I spoke of was not in the GLVC. However, I think that the new coach at UWP is going to do good stuff and I sent both him and his AD an email saying so after BB's team played up there.

Last edited:
Sep 11, 2015
It's burnout, it's playing too long of a season, it's not allowing girls to play multiple sports or do different activities....it's making it an expectation and a job too young.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dd2k13