To those NO DAYS OFF coaches/ people

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2023
Elite players dont get burned out they embrace the grind.

Ask your companies CEO's if they take days off.

spoiler alert: CEOs don't do anything useful.

This is survivor fallacy, no elite players that got burnt out stick around to become elite players. There are more potential elite players that got burned out than there are elite players that wouldn't be elite if they'd taken a little more time off.

Jul 19, 2021

wow, it's scary that this mindset still exists. Just lack of knowledge really. Do yourself, and more importantly your DD, a favor and get educated on the subject.

Osaka definitely not Elite I guess? https://www.northjersey.com/story/s...s-open-2021-loss-leylah-fernandez/8278595002/

May 13, 2023
So a kid goes on family vacation for a week in the Bahamas and you expect them to hit the gym daily?
Remember this funny story about *balance.
me and some friends were having a fun pool barbecue day. I was in the pool, standing in my athletic position, feet on a pool noodle in the deep end. As it was trying to come to the surface balancing fun keeping it submerged.
I said to my friend outside of the pool ... said hey this is really fun trying to do this! Balance and stay on top of this noodle. And she laughed and said
that's the difference between the two of us,
I just want the noodle to be a floatie and you want to wrestle it. 👍🤣🥳

Even though I often find something fun to do that could be considered a workout, there are definitely times I relax both mentally and physically. Necessary!
I'm going to even say critical to find balance!

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2021
Sioux Falls, SD

Not many teen CEO's out there. Not a 1 to 1 comparison...I don't tie taking it easy or working hard as the only ends of the spectrum... the question was threshold for different ages. How does one find that fine line of hard work, pushing pushing and know when to back off, so kids in general don't check out near the end of the season, or walk away from the sport because things are cranked up 24/7

I've seen good coaches get too caught up and burn super talented teams out and I've seen teams not pushed enough as well, just wanted a solid conversation regarding different ages and threshold in general y'all see.

May 13, 2023
the question was threshold for different ages.
Is an excellent question!

And along with that
even within age brackets
are different thresholds because people have different goals of why they are playing the sport.

Mar 29, 2023
Not picking a side here, but... speaking of Japan, wasn't there another thread claiming that the Japanese women are better at softball because they are able to treat it like a job and are always on the field versus American women that can't dedicate as much time?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414