Players who play for their Parent who Coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Could not possibly agree more. The minute I hear "life skills," is the moment we head for ze hills.
Can you explain why you think young people don't learn life skills from interaction in groups, having a dedicated schedule and following leadership?
All three of our daughters have grown noticeably over the years from participating in these environments.

Jun 8, 2016
Can you explain why you think young people don't learn life skills from interaction in groups, having a dedicated schedule and following leadership?
All three of our daughters have grown noticeably over the years from participating in these environments.
I don't think they are saying it isn't possible, only not necessary. I do think it is a good idea to have different coaches for most kids if for no other reason that parents are in their ear all the time outside of practice/games for various other reasons.

May 21, 2018
I didn't say that at all. These skills can be picked up without the coach making a concerted effort to "teach" them. Coach the team and let the life skills take care of themselves.

Mar 10, 2020
I didn't say that at all. These skills can be picked up without the coach making a concerted effort to "teach" them. Coach the team and let the life skills take care of themselves.
Okay so you concur. More going on than entertainment. Here's what I'm saying getting out from underneath the parent and being coached by another figure is directly related to the kid getting out on their own doing something that is for them not continually guided by their parent.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
Okay so you concur. More going on than entertainment. Here's what I'm saying getting out from underneath the parent and being coached by another figure is directly related to the kid getting out on their own doing something that is for them not continually guided by their parent.
I choose to guide my own and keep them on track with life skills and morality. I mean if I didn't, they might become democrats!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45