Players who play for their Parent who Coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Reading thread these are people from the parent's perspective not the perspective of their child who would be well served to get out from underneath the comfort blanket of their parent being on the field with them year after year. Learning to take direction from someone other than the parent is a life skill that should not be overlooked.
DD was an above average player in the local area. There were often teams calling asking her to play various weekends as a pick up player. In fact, our parent organization typically called her several times each summer. This gave her the opportunity to play for several different coaches and ultimately helped her greatly. I agree that playing for other coaches can be beneficial, but there are many ways to provide that opportunity.

Oct 4, 2018
Boys sports are worse for sure….

Baseball was so bad my 8 year old asked to quit. I told him that was a wise decision and I was proud of him for making it (despite me and mom loving the game).

Just so toxic, so unhealthy, and such ugly people.

Apr 14, 2022
I am a transplant to my area, so I do not know anyone. Especially during pewee cheer I have always played a game spot the coaches kid. I was correct 80% of the time.
Funny thing is a lot of those kids did not play past jr high.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Parent coach, coach parent.
Daughter player, player daughter.

Being on the field
Combined with
DNA, heartstrings, and family roles.
The unfortunate side of this is when the dd/player exhibits signals of not wanting to play the sport and the parent/coach, (with blinders on or purposely) thinks that they are going to change that, and alter the direction of their own kid/ teenager by now coaching a team that the dd HAS to be on.

While there is a chance the impending Collision might not happen it can be putting a lot of people in the dna's path of their families decision making.
( simply sharing that while a coach/family may not think others are recognizing the situation, usually the other players and families do)

Screenshot_20221223-075238_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robertsonwhitney45