Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Maybe, maybe not.

Edit: Like the video I shared with W, I just don't see a major fundamentally different swing.
Yeah I agree, there are not huge differences (other than the handset as you mentioned) Season is long, and hitters take a lot of swings. Even over the course a game, same pitch may produce a slightly different swing for numerous reasons (what they were looking for, they are tired, etc) so it may be hard to take a small sample of swings and try to figure out what is different. He has certainly had a great year so whatever he changed, consciously or not, has worked :ROFLMAO: Like I said, I do think his forward move is better but Rich told me that is because he is slower and earlier so 🤷‍♂️ ..;)

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Yes this is always the answer. ‘You don’t know’. It’s a great response. Hard to argue since I don’t study the HLP. Only what ‘HI’ puts up on Twitter and you tube. BUT video of the swings are different. Again time will tell as always. TM doesn’t mention TTB anymore or arresting anything. He’s all about the stretch via the stride. The corner will go away as well. He’s starting to understand posterior load and anterior launch. Sequential load and unload.
This is from about 6 years ago

Oct 2, 2017
so @pattar and @clemenslee1 you guys think the forward move isn’t mechanically based? Is that correct? There isn’t a set of principles?

@TDS guess you don’t get any points here. I thought you made it clear. 😆
I can't speak for @pattar

To me if there is a difference in forward move is not much IMO. Therefore no I would not count it as a mechanical change. But that's just an assumption, as I don't know whatAJ worked on.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Dunno what to say here. Am I having a debate w TM? I don’t think so. I tried last year. He didn’t want any part of me.
Just seems odd that the discussion has reverted to things that occurred 6 or 7 years ago. My understanding is that much of what TM originally thought about scap loading has been revised over the years. So talking about the older concepts is no longer relevant, IMO.

FYI... I seem to remember some debates between TM and Tewks back in the day. Tewks view of scap involvement was similar to what you are saying in your posts. Perhaps TM has adopted a version similar to Tewks.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Just seems odd that the discussion has reverted to things that occurred 6 or 7 years ago. My understanding is that much of what TM originally thought about scap loading has been revised over the years. So talking about the older concepts is no longer relevant, IMO.

Ok. I put up a swing of AJ last year w early scap load so I thought it wasn’t revised at all. Didn’t see it on video so I figured…. Excuse me for not knowing this sooner. I see it everywhere though.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Ok. I put up a swing of AJ last year w early scap load so I thought it wasn’t revised at all. Didn’t see it so I figured. Excuse me for not knowing this sooner. I see it everywhere though.
For all I know, maybe he is still teaching it... Serious questions, just so that I can follow along.

1) Anything that is bad in AJ's swing is automatically something that TM teaches, correct?
2) Anything that is good in AJ's swing, AJ obviously learned someplace else, correct?

Are these the claims we are making now? Asking for a friend ;)

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Yes this is always the answer. ‘You don’t know’. It’s a great response. Hard to argue since I don’t study the HLP. Only what ‘HI’ puts up on Twitter and you tube. BUT video of the swings are different. Again time will tell as always. TM doesn’t mention TTB anymore or arresting anything. He’s all about the stretch via the stride. The corner will go away as well. He’s starting to understand posterior load and anterior launch. Sequential load and unload.
This is the truth I’ve been looking for , thank you. I don’t understand why you take a position of being an expert on HLP to others that might want to explore and find out for themself. My response , You don’t know , is based on your responses in explaining HLP. You can disagree and show tummy twisting hitting mechanics with accompanying golf videos for all of us but when you act like the HLP expert shame on you.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
For all I know, maybe he is still teaching it... Serious questions, just so that I can follow along.

1) Anything that is bad in AJ's swing is automatically something that TM teaches, correct?
2) Anything that is good in AJ's swing, AJ obviously learned someplace else, correct?

Are these the claims we are making now? Asking for a friend ;)

No. Well I do like delivering the barrel from the shoulder, ‘corner’. I do like Umm umm, I can’t think of anything else. Ooh yeah I like that he doesn’t believe GRF are a thing. It’s about the player. You can’t put more into the ground you can only swing within your body and your timing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00