Teaching the high level pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
W you claim your looking for the truth, your words, right? That’s your flaw and frustration that you take out on me but I’ve always felt your intentions were not mean spirited but like two friends having a respectful discussion. I‘ve learned standing on the foundation of truth is a flawed fallacy made of sand. HLP has always acknowledged the existence of other ways to swing a bat and that Richard didn’t invent this pattern but identified it in many of the best in the game. If Richard or AJ pivots or any HPLer pivots and chances their swing. That persons truth has changed for them. The truth of HLP has not changed. Gravity has not changed eve thought man has learned to defy it . Your truth is unique to you and the more you try to get others to see your truth gets more frustrating.

if you are a real truth seeker, like I was grab a bat and swing it and compare HLP principals for yourself . You can’t feel it on your keyboard.

and that’s the truth…

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
View attachment 26619

TM has stated in the videos you post that the stretch going forward via the stride gets AJ where he needs to be, mechanically. This was never the case before. He can now use both hips and shoulders to catapult things instead of just the back side.

View attachment 26620

Maybe he learned it from Jeff Frys. He posted about loading via the stride 6 months back or so. 🤷🏽‍♂️

You can definitely see AJ using his back to assist with his lateral tilt/ttb with the older swings while being one legged.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
He’s always said this. What I take , some ppl don’t know as much as they pretend or claim to know about HPL is my take.

Yes this is always the answer. ‘You don’t know’. It’s a great response. Hard to argue since I don’t study the HLP. Only what ‘HI’ puts up on Twitter and you tube. BUT video of the swings are different. Again time will tell as always. TM doesn’t mention TTB anymore or arresting anything. He’s all about the stretch via the stride. The corner will go away as well. He’s starting to understand posterior load and anterior launch. Sequential load and unload.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I always thought this was the case concerning what the HLP pattern promotes. I noticed previously you stated AJ is loading the scap later. Is he really?

Just using their terms. The speed doesn’t come from the scaps. They clamp onto back so the hands can fling forward with the chest via the obliques against the hips.

Do you see any scap crap early? I do not. If you do you have been in TMs world too long. I know this pattern bc I teach this pattern.

1664805094964.gif

1664805328849.gif

Edit: Mike spoke of AJ and his shoulder rotation. That was his early scap crap that is now gone. He wasn’t able to fling anything but his barrel before.

Oct 2, 2017
Just using their terms. The speed doesn’t come from the scaps. They clamp onto back so the hands can fling forward with the chest via the obliques against the hips.

Do you see any scap crap early? I do not. If you do you have been in TMs world too long. I know this pattern bc I teach this pattern.

View attachment 26639

View attachment 26640
No, I'm not saying I see it early. I'm saying when has it ever been according to the HLP to load it "Early"? The way I have always understood was to be in sync with a stride etc. Just like AJ. When was he ever now or in the past , loading the scap early or later?

As far as the obliques are concerned, I thought you guys want the obliques and core to be against the hips?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
No, I'm not saying I see it early. I'm saying when has it ever been according to the HLP to load it "Early"? The way I have always understood was to be in sync with a stride etc. Just like AJ. When was he ever now or in the past , loading the scap early or later?

As far as the obliques are concerned, I thought you guys want the obliques and core to be against the hips?
The middle contracts against the hips.

Oct 2, 2017
The middle contracts against the hips.
Ok, please explain what makes up the middle.

Here is what you have stated previously, unless you have changed.

Last edited:

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Ok, please explain what makes up the middle.

Here is what you have stated previously, unless you have changed.

Yep, and nothing has changed. Sorry didn't think you needed the details behind the middle contracting.

Oct 2, 2017
Yep, and nothing has changed. Sorry didn't think you needed the details behind the middle contracting.
Ok, No didn't need the details. It just seem like you were making a distinction between "middle contracting against the hips" and "Obliques contracting against the hips", in my reply to W

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
W you claim your looking for the truth, your words, right? That’s your flaw and frustration that you take out on me but I’ve always felt your intentions were not mean spirited but like two friends having a respectful discussion. I‘ve learned standing on the foundation of truth is a flawed fallacy made of sand. HLP has always acknowledged the existence of other ways to swing a bat and that Richard didn’t invent this pattern but identified it in many of the best in the game. If Richard or AJ pivots or any HPLer pivots and chances their swing. That persons truth has changed for them. The truth of HLP has not changed. Gravity has not changed eve thought man has learned to defy it . Your truth is unique to you and the more you try to get others to see your truth gets more frustrating.

if you are a real truth seeker, like I was grab a bat and swing it and compare HLP principals for yourself . You can’t feel it on your keyboard.

and that’s the truth…

First match the best and then we will do some swinging’ to duplicate. Don’t have forever so I won’t waste time on trying to duplicate HLP until it matches. Fair enough? The truth is in the video match, at least it has been since I’ve been on here. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Edit: do we need to change the truth detector? TM wouldn’t agree I’m pretty certain.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414