State of play: Trophy Kids

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
I watched this and was really disappointed. It was little more than a reality show about bad parents. Where is the balance? Why not show the good moments as well as the over the top horrible parenting? I am sure there are many families pursuing athletic excellence with a far more balanced approach. I was expecting something with a variety of parenting styles in athletics and instead I got 5 different versions of crazy. The parenting was so bad it made me wonder about what was left on the editing floor. Did any of these parents ever say anything good to their kids? It was a poor excuse for a documentary and I expect better from HBO. I think there is an informative and thought provoking story about families and athletics to be told, this definitely was not it.

02Crush

Way past gone
Aug 28, 2011
The Crazy Train
There is no such animal as "Documentary Film" any longer. Michael Moore claims all his films are documentaries. They are all documentaries of HIS OPINION and VIEWS. I agree this will have editing that shows things in more a negative light than real and honest way. That said, I do hope it shows how people are OVER the top in a BAD way. I see it everyday and I am sick of it. I am tough on my DD but I am not CRAZY.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
There is no such animal as "Documentary Film" any longer. Michael Moore claims all his films are documentaries. They are all documentaries of HIS OPINION and VIEWS. I agree this will have editing that shows things in more a negative light than real and honest way. That said, I do hope it shows how people are OVER the top in a BAD way. I see it everyday and I am sick of it. I am tough on my DD but I am not CRAZY.

I guess Ken Burns will be looking for work then. If you have seen his work, among many others, you might change your mind.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia

Ever watch Frontline?

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
There's a movie out right now that is basically the exact same thing... I believe its called "Bad Parents" its about a U10 soccer rec team that is separating the average kids from the exceptional ones... pretty messed up

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle