New Louisville Slugger Kryo?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
A friend's daughter, who is anything but a power hitter, broke two Meta's within 3 months. They received a full credit and switched to an LXT after that.
The original Meta X was not durable at all. It developed the baby rattle after a short time, and the current version was only slightly better.

I don't see the -11 Xeno in our catalogue.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
From looking at the Slugger website, have they gotten rid of the -11 Xenos?

I could see their reasoning in this. It’s not very popular with younger smaller hitter who want a drop 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Exactly my guess..If they did do away with drop11 Xenos (if)...is because of lack of sales on drop11s and weighting issues. Not many drop11
type players gravitate to a Xeno and with drop11 weighting issues...maybe figured they could save a ton by dropping the production
of the drop11 since LS has other drop11 choices. Profit by elimination.

Dec 19, 2021
Agreed. We have a 2016 Xeno in the garage.

Label, -11
Actual drop? -9.5

If a kid really needs a -11, that's not gonna do it.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Agreed. We have a 2016 Xeno in the garage.

Label, -11
Actual drop? -9.5

If a kid really needs a -11, that's not gonna do it.
I tell this story as to why I started weighing fp bats well over 12 years ago at the store. I had a Worth 454 fp bat that I got from
my Worth rep. It was a 34/25 that weighed 27.5. I was like holy cow! It wasnt fair or morally right to try and sell that to a girl expecting
a bat close to 34/25 and to get a bat over 27oz. I actually sold it to a slowpitch guy. Ever since then when bats came into the shop,
I always weigh a bunch to get an idea for parents and the reason I supplied the database here with hundreds of weights over the years.
I want parents to know what they are buying.

Nov 7, 2022
I tell this story as to why I started weighing fp bats well over 12 years ago at the store. I had a Worth 454 fp bat that I got from
my Worth rep. It was a 34/25 that weighed 27.5. I was like holy cow! It wasnt fair or morally right to try and sell that to a girl expecting
a bat close to 34/25 and to get a bat over 27oz. I actually sold it to a slowpitch guy. Ever since then when bats came into the shop,
I always weigh a bunch to get an idea for parents and the reason I supplied the database here with hundreds of weights over the years.
I want parents to know what they are buying.

Son of a nutcracker! I came across a worth 454 used on eBay. It was like $30 so I bought it for my DD as she wanted a longer bat. Says it’s drop 10, but I haven’t weighed it. She is a) too short for this bat b) can’t get any bat speed on this thing BUT she’s hit more with this than her previous 3 years combined. You can’t even try to tell her it’s because she’s swinging better!

Anyhow, I even liked the bat, so I found another on eBay and bought it for myself

Between the 2 girls we have a Demarini zenith, Mizuno crbn pwr, and a few lower budget bats. My older kid didn’t care for the crbn but my little kid has been loving it.

So the 9u is swinging $350 and the 14u is swinging and eBay 2016 worth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach