Get yourself to grade school.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 21, 2018
And that is the problem with your view point. You live inside of a nice little bubble and don’t see the real world that is all around you. I assure you that is not the same experience for a lot of inner-city or remote rural communities.
I've live in a fairly rural area. Don't see much obesity at all (youth obesity that is, I see plenty of obesity in "the olds", which is surprising from a generation that seems to know so much.) In fact I'm amazed how active the youth around here are.

May 21, 2018
But I'm not sure that gaming and being aimless is better than working in the coal minds at 16, which was that really a thing 30 or 40 years ago, or was it more 70+ years ago?
As someone who grew up in a family of coal miners 40 years ago, I can assure you this isn't the case. Unless of course you are into early deaths and black lung.

May 27, 2013
I've live in a fairly rural area. Don't see much obesity at all (youth obesity that is, I see plenty of obesity in "the olds", which is surprising from a generation that seems to know so much.) In fact I'm amazed how active the youth around here are.
Guess it varies. I lived in “Amish country” for several years and we would see it somewhat frequently in the ER in the small river town in which I worked. Im speaking more of older teens/early 20’s. This was late 90’s - early 2000’s.

Now I work with a largely inner city population and it seems to be very common in the same age group.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Guess it varies. I lived in “Amish country” for several years and we would see it somewhat frequently in the ER in the small river town in which I worked. Im speaking more of older teens/early 20’s. This was late 90’s - early 2000’s.

Now I work with a largely inner city population and it seems to be very common in the same age group.
There's one common thread in obesity. Sugar...

May 27, 2013
There's one common thread in obesity. Sugar...
Yep. I used to work for big pharma a few years ago and due to the results of the yearly health screenings we’d do on our employees, they wound up eliminating sugary drinks from our cafeteria (soda, juice, etc).

Needless to say the Wawa up the street became very busy at lunch time.

May 27, 2013
I think one thing to take from this is that you absolutely should not take health advice from a softball forum.
Aww…you learned something today!

Yep - definitely would not take medical advice from any Internet forum as you have no idea who actually is a HCP or not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968