New Louisville Slugger Kryo?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 3, 2024
So my daughter swung several bats today. For context, she is 12, a 2nd year player and has been getting hitting lessons for the past 4 months.

Unfortunately, Dicks hires rude, incompetent kids. Not only did they screw up our prepaid reservation but they also put the bats in hit trax wrong and we did not get any data.

She hit the following bats - The 24 Advanced, 24 unlimited as they didn’t have a 25 in stock, 24 Meta, whisperer and 2 kyros. Everything was in 32 drop 10 with exception of the one kyro that was a drop 11 as they seemed over weight.

She hit the unlimited exceptionally well. Followed by the Meta. There is i think a pretty big gap now between them and the rest. Without the data, I cant say which is after the meta. If i were to guess, i would say advanced and kyro were really close and whisperer last but that would be a guess.

They gave us a free fitting for next weekend so we will try again and they said they will give us at least 25% off if we buy a bat. I will report back next Saturday.
Just a quick update. Daughter didn't like the Kyro at all so she did not hit it.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Just a quick update. Daughter didn't like the Kyro at all so she did not hit it.
I guess there's always one. She's the first person I've heard who did not like it.

When you say she didn't like it, do you mean she didn't like the colors, it was it something about the bat itself?

Mar 15, 2024
I guess there's always one. She's the first person I've heard who did not like it.

When you say she didn't like it, do you mean she didn't like the colors, it was it something about the bat itself?

My daughter liked how it hit but didn’t put in her regular rotation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 30, 2019
DD (long time XENO hack - 2025 grad) is demoing a Kryo this week. So far she is not impressed. Said it has a much bigger sweet spot but not as stiff as her 2024 XENO (broke her 2022 in January - only second XENO I have ever seen break in over 10 years in the sport). My rule: need to swing the bat every day during the 4 day demo period before making a decision.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
DD (long time XENO hack - 2025 grad) is demoing a Kryo this week. So far she is not impressed. Said it has a much bigger sweet spot but not as stiff as her 2024 XENO (broke her 2022 in January - only second XENO I have ever seen break in over 10 years in the sport). My rule: need to swing the bat every day during the 4 day demo period before making a decision.
It's not designed to compete with the Xeno. It's a replacement for the Meta, which was a two-piece, flexible bat. The Xeno is designed as a stiffer feeling bat.

Sep 30, 2019
It's not designed to compete with the Xeno. It's a replacement for the Meta, which was a two-piece, flexible bat. The Xeno is designed as a stiffer feeling bat.
Never said it was. Just giving feedback from a devote XENO fan. She had a Meta for awhile as a 2nd bat (after her Mantra phase). Wasnt in love with it but still used it from time to time.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Never said it was. Just giving feedback from a devote XENO fan. She had a Meta for awhile as a 2nd bat (after her Mantra phase). Wasnt in love with it but still used it from time to time.
I realize that, but as a dedicated Xeno fan, I'd be surprised if she liked it as much as the Xeno because of the different design.

LS has to make this work. That's three dogs in a row for them with the PXT, RXT, and Meta. Judging by sales, it's a big success, so far. We sold more Kryos than any other bat in July. That's the first time a Ghost hasn't been too dog in a very long time.

Sep 30, 2019
I realize that, but as a dedicated Xeno fan, I'd be surprised if she liked it as much as the Xeno because of the different design.

LS has to make this work. That's three dogs in a row for them with the PXT, RXT, and Meta. Judging by sales, it's a big success, so far. We sold more Kryos than any other bat in July. That's the first time a Ghost hasn't been too dog in a very long time.
She will also pick up a Ghost from time to time. Depends on how she feels and the time of year. And how well she is swinging the bat (or how broken her swing feels). I've found when she is in offseason mode with her weight training, she likes a whippier bat. When she is in-season weight training (which entails 20 - 30 minute lifts before practice or games) the Xeno is preferred. Definitely weird, but I coach a couple kids with the same setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogoff1968