State of play: Trophy Kids

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I would just like to say before any hidden video comes out. Yes! I am embarrassed of my soccer parent behavior Saturday. I did apologize to my child, but that does not make it ok. I have a problem that I must control. Softball, baseball, basketball (my wife has the problem there!), football.....I am "Cool Joe":cool:. Soccer, something about that game gets me all crazy parent!

...and no everyone that was there, she did NOT have to walk home, and YES, she was fed dinner!
I will work on it!
And Mrs. ________, I can read your lips, but yes, I was being an a hole.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2013
Here is a link to a preview.

HBO

I am def. watching, but it looks like the message is clear, the parents are looking for the rewards, not what is "best" for the kid. Sad.

Jul 26, 2010
I have a feeling it has a very liberal bent and the producers would rather see kids that stay home all day dorking around on their computers. I'm sure it has good points, but we have to remember it's a reality show and edited to show only the things the producers want you to see.

-W

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I have a feeling it has a very liberal bent and the producers would rather see kids that stay home all day dorking around on their computers. I'm sure it has good points, but we have to remember it's a reality show and edited to show only the things the producers want you to see.

-W

I believe it's a documentary, not a reality show. That doesn't mean there can't be an agenda, but there's a difference between exploring a topic (journalism) vs. exploiting it for entertainment (reality TV). Guess we'll have to see it first. My concern isn't the agenda, but rather that it will show over-the-top examples of crazy parents, which may keep us from taking a good, hard look at ourselves and how we parent and whether we can do it better.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I believe it's a documentary, not a reality show. That doesn't mean there can't be an agenda, but there's a difference between exploring a topic (journalism) vs. exploiting it for entertainment (reality TV). Guess we'll have to see it first. My concern isn't the agenda, but rather that it will show over-the-top examples of crazy parents, which may keep us from taking a good, hard look at ourselves and how we parent and whether we can do it better.

If it's not over-the-top, it doesn't sell. Watching well-behaved, well-balanced, functional families is boring TV. Besides, watching parents get out of control makes me feel WAY more "normal" (for lack of a better term).

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
If it's not over-the-top, if doesn't sell. Watching well-behaved, well-balanced, functional families is boring TV. Besides, watching parents get out of control makes me feel WAY more "normal" (for lack of a better term).

I know. I amazes me that people agree to be 'caught' on camera.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I know. I amazes me that people agree to be 'caught' on camera.

1. They think they are right and superior to other parents because their kid can run faster then yours.

2. They want the attention, lots of great athletes come from quiet well behaved parents, but this show isn't about them.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia

-W

Liberals don't put their kids in sports? News to me, and I think I would have heard.
Plenty of conservative parents have kids home dorking around on their computers, and maybe day-trading.
It is a documentary, but yes it will still come down to editing, reality shows just don't have to burn as much tape.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle