*POLL~12u team~ What do you think about mandatory...

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Would you play for this team?

• Yes

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • Thats Ridiculous

Votes: 48 64.0%
  • Thats Fantastic

Votes: 6 8.0%

• Total voters
Apr 20, 2015
My biggest problem with this is 7 days a week. Im a big believer in a day of rest for body, mind, and soul. A day to just run around with friends in the neighborhood for my younger daughter and cringe worthy spend time with her boyfriend for my older daughter. Sometimes they both will do something on that off day because they are bored and really do love the game but I want them to have that day. Now that high school has started my oldest practices or plays 6 days a week. Not doing something on day 7 isn't going to hurt anyone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jun 8, 2016
Silly no not about the coach. Its a tool that helps the team and yes good planjing on the coaches part. That helps the coach develop and field a team because its for the players.

Clearly you missed the point...
The players are thriving and interacting via the website.
They are encouraged eachothers workouts adding adding to their team goal!!
They also see it as being a part of something!!!

Will say about some of the posts here.
There is a BIG difference between what some people expressed they would not do
1.because a poster simply thinks its a waste of time.
2. This is for the coach.
3. Does voach even look at video
4. its a PITA to do - pain in the azz
5. The girls are being forced

No
No
Yes
No
No
Actually the reality is the team and players are doing VERY GOOD.

Because its a decision every family made to play for this outstanding coaching staff.
Having a fantastic fastpitch gravel experience

Heres another tid bit people on dfp are overlooking
( i actually commented on earlier)
This younger ( than us) generation it is NORMAL hi upload little video snipits.
In fact most of these players are still on ZOOM school.
Guess what on the computor seeing their classmates.
On the computor doing home school some with no classmates.
They are part of the tik tok generation.
This is NOT strange or awkawrd in any way to these players.

It is also helping the parents with staying on track and focused with their children!

You can have your's opinion folks. Of what you would like to do or not.
But terrible not take into accoun no-one is being forced and the fact people are willingly liking doing this!!!!
Just look at the posts here'in
How many on dfp did not ask at all
Do the players like it?
The answer is a BIG YES !!!
Are the players improving?
BIG YES !!!
If everybody agreed to it, and the players are enjoying it and thriving I don't see any issue with one exception, IMO PT should not be tied to it...That isn't how life works in general nor will it be at the college level. Working your a*% off is no guarantee for anything except that you are getting the most out of your own ability and hence you won't have any regrets when you hang up your cleats. It is a parent's job to make a kid understand this.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2019
What are the DFP comments about this.
A 12U travel team that players need to mandatory
Upload DAILY video of workouts they do on their own time
on a team only web access.

its a requirement.
yes, it can affect playing time.

(Daily, on own time =
non team practice/game days)
Time for a New team. I don't care how good they think are. At 12 ridiculous

Apr 8, 2019
DD's 12U coach gives them HW every week and they are supposed to do it at least 3 times a week and then turn the sheet back in with it filled out..no videos required. At the end of the day, if a kid is putting the work in it will show eventually...

I mean you can think of the videos as practice for when they get to 14U and they will be posting their tee work on twitter and tagging every D1 coach in the country..
This should not affect their playing time all.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My biggest problem with this is 7 days a week. Im a big believer in a day of rest for body, mind, and soul. A day to just run around with friends in the neighborhood for my younger daughter and cringe worthy spend time with her boyfriend for my older daughter. Sometimes they both will do something on that off day because they are bored and really do love the game but I want them to have that day. Now that high school has started my oldest practices or plays 6 days a week. Not doing something on day 7 isn't going to hurt anyone

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Its not 7 days a week.

Ohhh yeah...
No one asked how many times a week the team practices.
Or
If they get any time off weekends ?

I will say i purposely did not add bunches of detail to this post particularly TO see if people would think.

Not this team but,
There are some 12u teams that have 3 days mon thru fri during the week mandatory at field workouts.
That to me sounds difficult because folks have to drive each day to a field.

Apr 8, 2019
If everybody agreed to it, and the players are enjoying it and thriving I don't see any issue with one exception, IMO PT should not be tied to it...That isn't how life works in general nor will it be at the college level. Outworking somebody is no guarantee for anything except that you are getting the most out of your own ability and hence you won't have any regrets when you hang up your cleats.
It should not be a part of their playing time. If they don't perform in practice it's on them. If they all agree that's fine but don't put that stipulation in there. What if don't do it and still out perform everyone in practice, now what?

Jun 8, 2016
It should not be a part of their playing time. If they don't perform in practice it's on them. If they all agree that's fine but don't put that stipulation in there. What if don't do it and still out perform everyone in practice, now what?
Right...that is what I just said :LOL:

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
It can affect playing time
Due to the performance of whats in the video. Or not.

Aka~ this pitcher is throwing really well this week.
She will start against _____gold.

Aka~ wheres ______ video's this week? *which is like not attending practice.
* and not doing homework.

Apr 8, 2019
Thats what my daughters already do on their own.
They each go to hittings lessons. One also has pitching lessons. Teams all require attendance to speed agility as a group. We look for highly facilitated teams and coaches to meet our criteria.
We are not forced to.
Good for you if that's what is explained to you when you first join.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr